First Baptist Church of Lacey is currently looking for a pastor who strives to imitate Christ and live in a manner that exemplifies godly character. One who will passionately preach and teach the Word of God, conveying its truth in a clear, gracious, and loving manner. Some of the duties of our pastor would include officiating at weddings and funerals, visiting the sick and shut-ins, shepherding members through counseling and prayer, and planning and participating in evangelism and outreach efforts.
About the Position. It would include working closely with our deacons training and leading them in their ministry as spiritual leaders within the church; helping members discover and utilize their spiritual gifts for the kingdom of God; supervise and assist the current Music Director and potentially a Youth Pastor, in the execution of their duties; and oversee the daily administration and operation of the church.
Responsibilities: The Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Lacey duties are, but not limited to…
- Imitate Christ! Live and serve in a manner that exemplifies godly character
- Passionately preach and teach the Word of God, conveying its truth in a clear, gracious and loving manner
- Officiate wedding and funeral ceremonies
- Visit the sick and shut-in who are unable to attend services
- Shepherd members; counseling and praying with them
- Oversee the Sunday school and Discipleship programs
- Plan and participate in evangelism and outreach efforts
- Help members discover and use their spiritual gifts for the kingdom of God
- Supervise and assist the future Youth Pastor and Worship Pastor in the execution of their duties
- Work closely with deacons; training and leading them in their ministry as spiritual leaders within the church
- Oversee the daily administration/operation of the church
Pastor Salary & Benefits: An agreed salary and benefits package based on experience and qualifications starting at $54,000 with future salary increases dependent on church growth. Retirement, workers compensation and insurance paid by the church. Parsonage located on the property is also available if needed.
Qualifications: Licensed, ordained Southern Baptist minister meeting the biblical requirements of 1st Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 Be born again and able to share your personal testimony of conversion and commitment to Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Education: A Bachelor of Arts in Biblical or Theological Studies Degree (or other ministry equivalent), or a Master of Divinity Degree from an accredited theological institution. Prefer at least 5 years of experience as a Senior Pastor.