Graham Church is seeking a full-time senior lead pastor to preach the Word of God and equip the saints for the work of ministry.
The Lead Pastor will be the primary teaching/preaching pastor of the church and a ministry generalist able to lead leaders and oversee the overall ministry of Graham Church in support of the elders. This leader must be able to preach, teach, communicate clearly, and support the elders in providing pastoral care for the congregation. He must be “above reproach,” humble, teachable, and responsible in his affairs and leadership of the church. He must meet the qualifications of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
He must have a demonstrated competency in theology and be gifted in building personal discipling relationships. He must possess the ability to execute biblical leadership principles and shepherd volunteers in the ministry. He also must be a team-player with good interpersonal skills, a self-initiator, able to maintain balance in work and life, have personal integrity, and be a servant leader. Above all, he must be obviously in love with Jesus Christ.
- Ability to regularly teach and expositionally preach biblically sound, engaging, effective, gospel-centered messages required
- Agreement with Graham Church’s theological position, core values, and significant distinctives
- Strong commitment to serving and praying for the health, maturity, worship, and spiritual vitality of the church, serving as a model for others
- Relational skills with a desire and track record of working well with people and adapting to the needs of ministry to foster the purpose of the church
- Bible or ministry-related degree from Evangelical institution (preferably seminary)
- Competent general Bible knowledge, specifically in spiritual leadership and application of the gospel to daily life
- Demonstrated experience in leading small groups and developing teams
- At least five years of experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver expositional, biblically sound, gospel-centered messages
- Preach the majority (~75%) of sermons throughout the year and delegate the remainder
- Cast the vision for ministry
- Oversee all aspects of the ministry
- Conduct Sunday morning service
- Actively care for the spiritual needs of those who attend Graham Church, including counseling
- Minister communion, baptisms, weddings, and funerals when appropriate
- Direct the ordering of all worship services in collaboration with the Worship Team Leader to ensure services are glorifying to God and edifying to the congregation
- Lead staff meetings
- Be available for office hours
- Be active in intercessory prayer
- Personally practice and lead his family in consistent rhythms of spiritual disciplines (Scripture intake, prayer, etc.)
- Maintain Gospel-centered theological perspective
- Ensure that all actions performed within the context of this job position accomplish and further the mission, vision, and values of Graham Church (Worship Jesus, Follow Scripture, Love People, Live Generously, and Depend on Grace)
- Attends and participates in the ministries of Graham Church with family
- Adheres to the Statement of Faith and Constitution as established and approved by Graham Church
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Ultimately the job is basically what the elder team and pastoral staff needs.
To some extent, this job will be crafted to fit the gift set and abilities of the individual pastor whom God brings to Graham Church, although certain job responsibilities such as regular preaching are indispensable.
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter by email.