The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic, faithful, and experienced leader with a passion for building community. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, organized, compassionate, and creative with a willingness to collaborate. We seek a partner in our mission to share God’s love and the teachings of Jesus Christ. The Director of Christian Education is an individual with a thoughtful approach to equipping families and volunteer leaders to be faith supporters in their roles. This person is reliable, patient, and takes the time to listen to staff and members of the congregation. They bring with them a set of skills that attract, engage, and inspire people of varying ages and backgrounds to learn and grow in their faith.
In collaboration with the Education and Formation Committee, the DCE will design and maintain a Christian Education ministry. Through contact ministry, programs, and activities, they work to foster intergenerational relationships and encourage connections inside and outside our congregation. The DCE will also:
• Coordinate the weekly and annual operation of the children, youth, and adult Sunday school programs, choosing curriculum, and ordering necessary supplies and equipment.
• Plan and lead retreats and mission trips for youth, laying a foundation of faith that carries them into adulthood.
• Coordinate with the Mission and Justice Committee to encourage local, regional, national, and international mission partnerships and ministries of the church, including children and youth whenever possible.
• Effectively communicate with the parents of children and youth, the Pastor, the congregation as a whole, preschool, and the community using all available platforms.
• 4-year college degree
• CE concentration certificate preferred
• 5+ years experience in Church Leadership
• A personal theology that is consistent with the core values of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and in alignment with the vision and mission of FPC Sarasota
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively with other ministries and staff.
• Proficient in social media and technology; proficient or trainable with standard office equipment and church-specific software.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a flexible work week. The range for Base Salary is $45,000 – $55,000. The benefits package includes pension and medical, paid vacation, and continuing education allowance.