The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for leading and coordinating all aspects of the children’s ministry (birth through 5th grade) at Harvest Community Church (HCC). This role requires a strong passion for nurturing the faith of children, developing age-appropriate programs, and supporting families in their spiritual growth. The Children’s Ministry Director will collaborate with church leadership, volunteers, and parents to create a safe and engaging environment where children can learn and grow in their relationship with God.
Key Qualities and Requirements
• Show evidence of an active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Agree with Harvest’s “We Believe” Statement
• A solid understanding of the gospel and the ability to articulate biblical truths to children in a clear and age-appropriate manner
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to relate well to children, parents, volunteers, and church leadership
• A heart for children and a genuine desire to see them develop a lifelong relationship with God
• Participate in community and ministry as an active member of Harvest
• Humble and teachable
• Collaborates well with a team
• Experience: Previous experience in children’s ministry, teaching, or related fields is highly desirable
• Must pass a background check and adhere to the church’s child protection policies.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive vision and strategy for the children’s ministry program, aligned with the HCC’s mission and values.
- Oversee and coordinate all activities, events, and curriculum for children, from birth to 5th
- Ensure that all programs and activities adhere to the HCC’s theology and doctrine.
- Create and maintain a safe environment where children can experience the love of Christ and grow in their faith.
Volunteer Management and Development
- Recruit, train, equip, and support a team of volunteers to serve in various roles within the children’s ministry program.
- Provide ongoing training, encouragement, and spiritual guidance to volunteers, empowering them to effectively minister to children.
- Foster a sense of teamwork, unity, and service among the children’s ministry volunteers.
- Select or develop age-appropriate curriculum materials that align with the HCC’s theological/doctrinal beliefs and engage children in learning biblical truths.
- Collaborate with the volunteer team to implement the curriculum effectively, ensuring that lessons are creative, interactive, and relevant to the children’s lives.
Family and Parental Support
- Partner with parents to support and equip them in their role as primary disciplers in their children’s lives.
- Provide resources, tools, and guidance to parents for spiritual formation at home.
- Organize and facilitate periodic parent meetings or workshops to address specific topics related to children’s spiritual growth.
Communication and Administration
- Maintain regular communication with parents, volunteers, and church leadership regarding upcoming events, and ministry updates.
- Manage and maintain the children’s ministry budget.
- Oversee the registration and check-in process for children attending ministry activities, ensuring the safety and security of each child.
Note: This job description is a general outline of responsibilities and qualifications and is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Harvest reserves the right to modify or amend the duties and qualifications of this position as necessary.
Compensation: The compensation package will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Part Time (approx. 20 hours/week)
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a statement of faith along with your application. These documents can be submitted by email.