We are seeking a Pastor who can minister to our existing congregation to provide pastoral care and Biblical instruction (along with usual or typical administrative tasks) as well as spark new life within the congregation by either drawing new people in or start what could be a new fellowship within the existing church. How all this might work we are open to the Lord’s leading and the new pastor’s vision of what will work best for us and our community.
1. Moderator of Session:
◦ Work with Session to continue growing the spiritual and missional focus of Session
◦ Foster/encourage ministry teams in activities that are in alignment with our Mission and Values
2. Head of Staff:
◦ Supported by the existing congregation, build and develop a new community of new members or seekers
◦ Empower current leaders of the church in nurturing the spiritual growth of these new believers, lead them in disciplining these new believers in their faith
◦ Oversee staff as they support the ministry teams and leaders in carrying out mission and values of the church
3. Shepherd of the Congregation
◦ Preach most Sundays through sermons that are Consistent with scripture and Reformed theology
◦ Guide the ministry teams (Deacons and other) in meeting congregational needs
◦ Officiate at Weddings, funerals
◦ Other responsibilities to be determined
• Approachable, handles both criticism and praise gracefully.
• Listens well
• A person of prayer
• Loves Christ, and loves people
• Is excited to be in the community to meet and connect with new seekers of Christ
• Will have a strong desire to mentor and teach others in disciple making.
• Has skills and heart for church revitalization