1. Should be a committed Christian.
2. Should have a minimum 4 year college degree.
3. Should be a mature, emotionally stable person, who is able to keep in confidence information relative to the work of the church.
4. Shall seek to maintain positive working relationships with all other staff members.
5. Shall maintain Biblical standards of ethics and conduct in relationships with others.
6. Shall have a teachable, humble spirit in seeking to perform the job duties set forth listed in responsibilities.
7. Should be trained and experienced in working with teenagers and have the ability to fulfill the responsibilities listed below in order to develop a comprehensive program of youth ministry and education.
8. Possess the love of Jesus for students and a passion for Student Ministry.
9. Possess a fun-loving, friendly, and creative personality that invites involvement in the ministry of the church.
10. Should have experience in computer technology, including Microsoft Office, Google, and social media applications (Facebook, Instagram, etc.). Any graphic design experience is also beneficial. 11. Shall work under the direct supervision of the Pastor.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR STUDENT MINISTER FOR 6TH – 12TH GRADES
1. Sunday Morning Sunday School – Assist the Sunday School Director in recruiting, leading, and training teachers and leaders for each grade level and gender. Lead in the selection of curriculum in order to insure a comprehensive, age appropriate, well-rounded Biblical education.
2. Discipleship – Administrate, choose curriculum for, and lead small group/relationship building opportunities for students. These can be any day of the week as needed and meet monthly or weekly.
3. Mid-Week Student Program – Administrate, choose curriculum for, and lead a mid-week (Wednesday night) experience for 6th – 12th grade students that includes elements of fun games, worship, and Biblical learning. Recruit and train volunteers to lead and assist, as needed, with the different aspects of the program. 4. Plan, promote, and recruit volunteers to lead and implement special events to coincide with these yearly events, but not limited to…
a. Super Bowl Sunday
b. Participate in Vacation Bible School (classes for students OR lead student volunteers)
c. Summer Camp/Mission Trip for Middle & High School (Student Life, etc.)
d. Winter Conference or Retreat over Christmas/New Year Holiday
e. Monthly Small Group opportunities in the Youth Minister’s home OR in host homes for guys and girls
f. Periodic social opportunities for students to build relationships with each other, the Youth Minister, and his family
5. Cast & articulate a vision for dynamic, life-changing ministry to students.
6. Ensure that biblical, creative, relational, and engaging curriculum and resources are provided for leaders in all teaching roles.
7. Recruit, lead, train, and shepherd ministry volunteers, assuring that the weekly staff of volunteer positions are covered.
8. Communicate consistently with parents the vision of the student ministry and provide resources and support that encourage parents to facilitate their teen’s spiritual growth at home with the partnership of the church.
9. Be present in the community, on school campuses, and support students by attending extracurricular activities.
10. Work together with the Children’s Minister to build a successful bridge between the Children’s & Youth ministries.
11. Prepare and administer the budget for Student Ministry.
12. Fulfill any other assignments or responsibilities as requested by the Pastor.
13. Embrace & be accessible to the entire church family (all ages).
14. Participate in all Community Outreach Ministries (Food Pantry, Clothes Closet, etc.).
15. Share in weekly hospital visitation and on-call.
16. Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
17. Maintain office hours as instructed.
18. Serve as a member of the Budget Planning Committee.