Job Description: Holy Trinity is seeking a children’s ministry teacher during regular 10am Sunday services. The ideal candidate will be an individual well suited for working with children ages 3-12 in a child-centric setting weekly during Sunday services for approximately 35-45 minutes. The teacher will lead children in prayer followed by a 7-12-minute Godly Play lesson. Following the lesson, the teacher will encourage children in freeform creative “work” time. Previous experience with Godly Play curriculum is beneficial. Individuals unfamiliar with Godly Play will be provided an introductory book and observe Godly Play in action! Formalized training is also an option.
The goal of Godly Play is for children to move through pre-designed curriculum in such a way that they will enter adolescence with an inner working model of the classical Christian language system, rooting them in tradition and allowing them to be open to the future. The Godly Play curriculum models how to wonder, opening the child’s creative process to engage the Christian language system in their play with God and community of other children during early, middle and late childhood.
- Spend time during the week memorizing/preparing the Godly Play lesson.
- Comfortable leading prayer on a child’s level and settling children of varied ages in a circle and modeling how prepare to hear from God during the lesson.
- Confident in presenting a 7-12-minute lesson from the sacred stories in the bible, parables and saints.
- Leading the children in contemplation and wondering about the lesson
- Must be able to navigate stairs to the children’s classroom sit on the floor with children.
Work Arrangements and Compensation:
- This is a 1099, Independent Contractor position.
- Leave time of 4 Sundays per year is included as part of this contract. Children’s Ministry Director must ensure that children’s ministry coverage is available for services when away.
- The position will be compensated at $300 – $500 per month depending on experience and paid on the last business day of each month.
Please submit your resume to Fr. Chris Bollegar by email.
Contact: Chris Bollegar
Closing Date: 11/14/2023