PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Staff Pastor for Adult Ministries seeks to glorify God by providing leadership to the adult population of the congregation. This ministry role’s special focus is on adult ministries including small groups and men’s and women’s ministries. This pastor will also provide leadership to some staff team members. Additional ministry opportunities such as preaching, teaching, sacramental ministry, pastoral counseling, weddings, funerals, participating in pastoral care teams can be expected.
The Staff Pastor for Adult Ministry will report to the Senior Pastor. This position may be filled at the Assistant or Associate Pastor level depending on candidate experience.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Compensation and benefits are described in the Session Call Letter or otherwise specified in the NPC Employee
Education and Experience
Master of Divinity or equivalent from an accredited Graduate School of Theology or Seminary. Candidates should
ordained or ordainable in the PCA.
• Lives an exemplary, ethically sound life, complying with the Biblical leadership qualifications of an elder described in 1 Timothy 3:17 and Titus 1:5-9, Westminster Confession of Faith and the PCA Book of Church Order.
• Exhibits a philosophy of ministry that is Christ-centered, missional, and gospel-driven.
• Devotes time to spiritual, mental, and physical development and well-being through devotional time, study and exercise.
• Maintains scheduled family time and personal free time, including weekly protected time and annual vacation periods.
• Has a vibrant, intimate, personal relationship with Jesus that demonstrates transparency and approachability.
• Shepherds and cares lovingly for all people.
• Maintains a history of Christ-like peer, mentoring, and mentee relationships with other men.
• Deals with conflict directly, openly, honestly, and graciously according to Matthew 18:15-20.
NPC values celebrating the gospel and pursues Christ–centered, expository preaching. Teaching within adult ministries will strive to be audience / context sensitive and consistent with this value.
• Teach Sunday morning classes as assigned.
• Regularly teach and/or lead adult small groups.
• Preaching assignments at NPC as directed by Senior Pastor.
• Participate in weekly sermon preparation roundtable.
Ministry leadership at NPC involves recruiting and leading teams of volunteers.
• Provides leadership to staff team on behalf of the Senior Pastor.
• Serve on NPC Session “Connect in Community” Team.
• Identify, recruit, train, and deploy Small Group, Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry leaders.
• Partners with staff and volunteer leaders to evaluate and mature ministry efforts.
• Participate in NPC Session, Columbus Metro Presbytery, and PCA General Assembly meetings and committees.
• Maintains regular office hours at NPC as coordinated with supervisor.
NPC values community. Grace motivated discipleship will be a hallmark of NPC adult ministry.
• Creates and maintains vibrant small group ministries such as Journey Group, NPC Small Groups.
• Connects adults into the broader worship life, ministry, and mission of NPC.
• Assists adult members in identifying and deploying spiritual gifts.
• Attends, participates, teaches in New Member Class.
• Counsels members and attendees and refers to qualified professionals as needed.
• Provides pastoral care in crisis or significant event situations as part of NPC pastoral team.
• Conducts weddings, funerals, memorial services as needed as part of NPC pastoral team.
NPC seeks to deploy members to love our city.
• Develops relationships with unbelievers in the community.
• Participates in outreach activities (e.g. Newcomer Lunch, Fall fest, Concerts) as part of staff team.
• Practices biblical hospitality in neighborhood and among friends
• Fosters a mission / outreach mindset that leads to local mission, participation in short term mission trips, etc.
• Supports Men’s and Women’s Ministry leaders administratively (e.g. ministry programming and calendar, budget, communications).
• Insures Small Group, Men’s, Women’s ministry events are communicated effectively.
• Maintains regular office hours as part of NPC staff team.
• Participates in pastoral, worship planning meetings, staff and session meetings as applicable.
• Insures volunteer leaders are trained on NPC’s Child Protection Policy.