The Residency at Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church is a one-year program for men and women with a clear call to vocational ministry. We will use practical learning, hands-on ministry, and mentoring from a pastor or department director as a platform for each resident’s spiritual and leadership development. Residents will pursue theological studies (via seminary or other graduate institution) during the program. Residents will grow and add to the vibrancy of the MDPC community. Our hope is that every resident will leave ready to serve the church, wherever they are called.
If you are a college graduate or a current seminary student and feel a call toward vocational ministry or ordination, please consider applying by email to Jeremiah Collins.
Areas of Ministry Training
Adult Discipleship, Caring Ministry, Children’s Ministry, Finances & Stewardship, Marketing & Production, Outreach & Evangelism, Student Ministry, Worship & Music, Young Adult Ministry
One year long, with three available start dates:
• January 8, 2024
• May 20, 2024
• August 12, 2024
Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church will provide:
• Housing, if needed
• Monthly stipend of $1,300
• A full-time pastor or department head for one-on-one weekly mentoring and coaching
• A personalized program including significant ministry opportunities, practical learning, mentoring, and time for theological study. Our goal is to place you in a ministry context where you can thrive in your strengths while exploring areas for growth.
• Be a current seminary student or willing to enroll in theological studies during residency
• Possess a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a call to serve His church in vocational ministry
• Align with MDPC’s belief and mission
• Have a teachable, servant heart
• Be eager to learn, try new things, and be mentored
• Serve in various ministry departments, aligned with your identified areas of learning and ministry call
• Complete the interview process
• Pass a background check