The Position Summary: Winfield First Baptist Church is prayerfully searching for someone to assume the position of Worship Pastor to lead in worship leadership and technology. The Worship Pastor will be someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; a passion for music and the role it plays in the corporate gathering; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment; and someone who is able to envision and energize a community that is grounded in the great hymns of the past, Southern regional worship music, the current expressions of worship, as well as cutting edge new music. WFBC is a multigenerational church in Winfield, Alabama. The church has around 850 members with a Sunday attendance around 400.
• Lead worship weekly – two Sunday worship services.
• Lead worship team rehearsals.
• Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
• Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists.
• Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer worship leaders.
• Recruit, schedule, develop, and maintain various worship ensembles (both vocal and instrumental).
• Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate special events throughout the year (Christmas, Easter, any
other special events decided on by the Pastor and Leadership).
• Foster good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and localists.
• Plan, organize, and implement various elements of the weekly worship experiences.
• Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
• Become knowledgeable in lighting, sound, and presentation software, and be able to assist in these production components when needed.
• Develop annual ministry plan and budget for Worship/Music Ministry.
• Continued honing of musical proficiency (i.e., voice lessons, piano lessons, training sessions, etc.)
• Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry at WFBC.
• Help in the coordination of Discipleship.
• Help recruit, develop, and mentor youth/children in praise & worship music.
• Assist in the assimilation process with visitors to the church.
• Teach Bible Studies as needed.
• Be involved in community outreach.
• Be involved in MCBA events and services.
• Attend development events made available through Alabama Baptist Convention.
• Must be a Born Again believer, passionate about Jesus.
• Must believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
• Must be striving to be a stable, maturing Christian.
• Should possess spiritual gifts that lend themselves a ministerial position: administration, pastor/shepherding, exhortation, ability to teach/preach (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1-2; 1 Peter 5).
• Special talents or abilities required: strong vocals for leading others in
singing; the ability to lead with an instrument (guitar or keys) is a plus; good relational skills, coaching ability, recruiting ability, and a teachable spirit.
• A biblical philosophy for leading in worship and choosing songs and media that is theologically sound.
• Affirm and believe in the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
• Agree to and adhere to WFBC Policies and Procedures Manual,
especially regarding staff requirements and expectations for employment.
(Will be provided to prospective staff member prior to a formal job offer)
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to the search team by email.