The Worship Pastor will be a spiritually mature, biblically grounded Christ-follower who will be responsible for leading all worship ministries at FBCLW under the direction of the Senior Pastor. This will include the preparation and presentation of worship services, developing and leading worship teams, overseeing related technical elements, and providing stewardship of the worship ministry budget. The Worship Pastor will work with the Lead Pastor to ensure the worship ministry is aligned with the overall vision and mission of the church. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Christ-centered worship, a strong musical background, a pastoral heart, a commitment to helping others come to know Christ and grow in faith, strong communication skills and experience as a team-builder in a local church context.
FOUNDATIONAL VERSES TO THE MINISTRY OF FBC, LAKE WALES
1 Thessalonians 2:8; Ephesians 4:11-13; Luke 9:23; Mark 10:45; 12:29-31; Matthew 28:18-20; John 14:6; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 5:8; 12:1-2; 2 Timothy 3:16; Colossians 2:6-7; Acts 2:42-47
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Cultivate hearts of Christ-loving worship among all worship ministry leaders and the church family.
- Recruit, coach, train, equip and motivate music ministry team leaders and members (Eph. 4:11-13).
- Encourage and build up worship and tech team members through healthy relationships, intentional spiritual formation and by providing pastoral care to all.
- Maintain clear and timely patterns of communication with the pastoral team, support staff, ministry leaders and volunteers for the sake of organization, calendaring, and scheduling.
- Coordinate themes and elements of weekly worship in conjunction with the lead pastor.
- Oversee the complete preparation for weekly worship services, including making sure all music, materials, equipment, tech elements, live-streaming, volunteers, and set-up are well-coordinated.
- Lead all rehearsals in the pursuit of excellence in our weekly worship services and special events.
- Develop and manage the worship ministry budget (including equipment needs).
- Provide oversight and leadership for other musical worship expressions in the life of our local church in conjunction with other pastoral and lay leaders (children, VBS, youth, college).
- Develop a process to regularly identify new volunteers in the worship ministry (musicians, vocalists, tech team).
- Plan and lead holiday and special events in coordination with the pastoral team.
- Oversee musical elements for weddings and funerals for church members upon request.
- Creatively consider with the pastoral leadership ways to use music as part of outreach efforts.
- Incorporate other art forms (i.e., drama) into worship experiences, as needed.
- Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments, tech equipment & music owned by the church.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, worship pastors, music teachers, conductors, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and recruiting purposes.
- Provide oversight for the worship center and usage by outside groups, including help with tech.
- Guide the weekly evaluation of worship services with the pastoral team at team meetings.
- Work with support staff to make sure all worship and preaching elements are properly promoted, shared, stored, and disseminated via the church website, social media, and through Comcast.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry area and evaluate them with other pastoral leadership.
- Support the vision and mission of FBCLW by aligning all ministry efforts to that of pastoral leadership.
- Exhibits a cooperative spirit and gladly collaborates on planning and problem-solving for church-wide activities and issues.
- Participate in staff meetings or other meetings as the Lead Pastor requires.
- Respond to all communication in a professional and timely manner, including calls, texts, emails.
- Pursue spiritual and job skill development opportunities and/or continuing education opportunities.
- Integrate personally and as a family into the life of FBCLW and protect the unity of the church.
- Offer prayer and biblical counsel to church members or guests, as needed.
- Develop intentional and healthy relationships with FBCLW families and the people in the community.
- Provide care for members and families within the church including helping with hospital visits, guest relations, and follow-up.
- Seeks to obey the Great Commission (Matt. 28:17-20) by reaching the lost and making disciples.
- Maintains a working knowledge of church by-laws, leadership teams, policies and procedures.
- Willing to become ordained into the ministry, if not already ordained.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Pursues an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ through the exercise of spiritual disciplines.
- Meets the biblical qualifications for an overseer and elder as presented in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 and exhibits personal integrity and high moral character.
- Models the standards and expectations of a covenant member at FBCLW, including: A testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, baptized by immersion, commitment to personal spiritual growth, active participation in FBC church life, faithfulness in prayer, a lifestyle of generosity (including tithing), and serving out of spiritual giftedness by the power of the Spirit.
- Doctrinally sound student of the Word of God who is in agreement with the Southern Baptist Faith & Message.
- Spiritually leads his spouse and family well (if married and with children).
- Prioritizes personal health (physical, emotional, and spiritual) and that of his family.
- Ability to use the Scriptures to provide spiritual counsel to people in need.
- A good communicator that can engage with all ages in one-on-one, small-group, and large-group environments.
- Creative, organized, and able to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-intensive and results-driven environment.
- Able to cast vision and implement a ministry plan and see it through to completion.
- Proven to be a team builder and expresses high commitment to his teams.
- Understands the impact of technology on the family and culture and can minister through it.
- Desires to connect with people from various cultures, socioeconomic groups, generations, races and ethnicities.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of the rapidly changing culture and its implications on family and worship ministries.
- A self-starter who serves with a positive attitude.
- Comprehension and ability to implement a broad variety of musical genres and styles.
- Proficient vocalist, instrumentalist, music reader and operating relevant technology.
- Skilled in choral, vocal, instrumental, and technical direction, including teaching harmonization, the ability to transpose music and use tools such a click-tracks or other worship tools, if desired.
- Provides an enthusiastic stage presence as a lead worshipper of Jesus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technologies utilized in worship including sound, lighting, computers, planning software, video projection, and livestream production.
- Bachelor’s degree in music-related field and some formal training in music.
- Due to the age of other pastoral leadership, we are seeking someone under 40 years of age.
- Other Preferred Proficiency: Graphic design or creative development skills used to improve the worship experience, internal and external communication, and promotional efforts of the church.