ABOUT: Zion is not your typical church! We are 2 communities (Traditional and Modern), 1 church (Zion) – and we actually do this well! Our modern services are held in a recently renovated building with a full band, sound, lighting, worship software, video, and media. Unlike most churches, we take our modern services outdoors every Sunday in the summers. This is our largest outreach event as we are in the middle of City Park, located in the heart of downtown. As the largest and one of the oldest churches (we celebrated 150 years in June 2022!) in the community, Zion is well-known, has great influence in Clear Lake, and opportunities to reach outside the walls of our church buildings.
ATTENDANCE: 650 weekly adult average; 300 weekly average for Children’s and Youth Ministry
AFFILIATION: LCMC (Lutheran Churches in Mission for Christ) – CLICK HERE to learn more.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Overview: Zion is eager to add a Worship Director/Pastor to our team. We are a kingdom-minded church with the desire to incorporate mission and community into everything we do. We desire our members and visitors to know they BELONG to a community, BELIEVE in and confess Jesus as Lord and Savior, and BECOME disciples who make Jesus famous.
The Big Idea: Join a team that cooperates and collaborates very well together, has genuine love for people and the community, and puts their focus on Jesus! As a congregation, we are growing in attendance, involvement and giving. Zion is looking to bring in a new Worship Director/Pastor to lead our congregation, volunteers, and staff toward an authentic worship encounter.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Model authentic and passionate worship for Jesus.
- Work well with the Lead Pastor, Executive Team, Worship and Production teams and staff.
- Recruit through relationships, develop, and equip team members.
- Plan and select music for weekly modern services.
- Coordinate the use of vocalists, instruments, sound, and production for all modern worship services.
- Coordinate an organized rehearsal before Sunday worship.
- Send a set list to team members in advance to allow time for preparation and rehearsal.
- Understand the Audio/Visual arts (sound, lighting, worship software, video, media), with ability to work with Production Team.
- Develop and manage the worship and production budget. Ensure that financial procedures are followed in your department.
- Purchase, maintain and repair music and audio equipment as needed.
- Understand copyright laws for music and video.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
With a reputation for integrity, initiative, responsibility, humility and a consistency of character, this servant-leader will be experienced in equipping their team of volunteers and investing in relationships. As a leader of leaders, this individual will be dedicated to raising up and developing volunteers into worship leaders who desire to minister to Jesus. It must be their desire for the congregation to connect to the heart of Jesus through worship. This candidate will rely on prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit. The right fit for Zion will be engaging and have excellent communication skills. They must possess a strong stage presence that reflects the heart and atmosphere of our church with the ability to communicate from the stage. The right candidate will love our vision and congregation and will be energized by the opportunity to be a part of what God is doing at Zion.
Position Must Haves
- A Spiritual Leader – The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about helping the congregation, volunteers, and staff experience the presence of God through worship. The right candidate will develop their team spiritually and musically through pastoring/mentoring.
- A Team Leader – The right candidate will direct and care for the planning, coordination, and supervision of the Worship and Production Teams.
- A Team Player – The right candidate must work well with others, be dedicated to the team’s core values, and put forth effort to continually improve. Chemistry with the staff is just as important as competency. Some of the staff’s core values include a “we is bigger than me” mentality, fun, honor, and a dedication to “be the example.”
- A Strong Musician – Must play either guitar or piano and be able to articulate and communicate well with each section of the band.
- A Producer – The ideal candidate will be someone who understands how lights, visuals and sound creates vibrant, Christ-centered worship that connects both believers and the spiritually curious.
- Relevant – It is preferred that the candidate be familiar and able to lead musical styles similar to Bethel, Hillsong, Elevation, Maverick City, Kari Jobe, etc.