Colonial Hills is passionate about loving people and sharing the transformed life in Christ. We are committed to developing the next generation and coming alongside young families. We are looking for a Children’s Minister who is passionate about building upon a vibrant and thriving Children’s Ministry at our church.
The Children’s Minister is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs and activities related to the Children’s Ministry (Birth- 6th Grade) at CHBC. Specifically, this person is responsible for the coordination of all activities, including, but not limited to: Sunday School, Children’s Church, Mid-Week activities, VBS, Pre-teen camp, and childcare.
- Previous experience in a leadership role in education or children’s ministry
- BA or BS or related work experience equivalence
- Passion for ministry of equipping parents
- Leadership and Administrative skills
- Provide overall visionary and strategic leadership to CHBC’s Children’s Ministry
- Recruit, screen, train, and encourage Children’s Ministry volunteers
- Provide vision and overall direction, in coordination with Pastoral leadership for curriculum implementation and selection that emphasizes Christ as Life
- Involvement in “milestone events” in Children’s Ministry including, but not limited to, parent/child dedication, baptism, etc.
- Facilitate registration and oversight of check-in/out process of children and families
- Develop healthy communication among parents and equip parents for discipleship through curriculum
- Oversee content of Children’s Ministry communication (including website, newsletter, calendar, etc.)
- Responsible for Children’s Ministry budget and financial oversight
- Partner with appropriate leadership to execute one consistent vision for CHBC Family Ministry
- Partner with appropriate leadership to plan special family events such as Fall Festival, Family Fun Days, etc.
- Coordination of childcare needs and paid Nursery workers as needed
- Adhere to “Putting Children First” background check policy