GABC is a multi-cultural, multi-generational church that is committed to Worship and is seeking a leader who can lead our Worship Ministry.
Under the Lordship of Christ, and by His power, the Mission of GABC is to…
- Passionately worship Him.
- Win the lost to Him.
- Equip every believer to be a disciple of Him.
God is growing GABC, both spiritually and numerically, as a variety of cultures, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels and races, to be as one people, around Christ and the cross.
- Uplifting and exalting Christ.
- Declaring and teaching God’s Word.
- Reaching and discipling people.
- Embracing and celebrating diversity.
- Investing in and uplifting our community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Seeking an authentic Minister of Worship & Media that is passionate to guide people to where God wants them to be in the area of inspirational Music & true Worship. He will oversee a theologically sound worship ministry and the media needs of a multi-generational, multi-cultural church community of around 200 people, to include such areas as: the church website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and the television ministry. The church staff includes 3 full-time pastors, a part time Children’s Ministry Director, youth pastor, and various administrative staff. Our heart is to grow and reach a new generation and the diverse community surrounding us.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Works with the lead Pastor, other worship leadership and staff to develop and implement a multi-cultural, inter-generational worship experience for the entire congregation.
- Provides pastoral care to the music and worship ministry as well as to the entire church.
- Works as an evangelist through personal evangelism.
- Develops and provides dedicated leadership to multiple musicians, including vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Discovers, recruits and inspires volunteers/musicians for the worship, music, and media ministry.
- Presents special worship concerts, periodically, for the congregation.
- Oversees the maintenance of all musical and sound equipment and makes recommendations for new or additional equipment when necessary.
- Oversees assigned committees within organizational structure of the church as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Oversees the maintenance and update of all social media.
- Coordinates wedding and funeral services along with the Pastor attending.
- Evaluates total worship, music and media ministry areas for effectiveness and implements corrective actions.
- Schedules and synchronizes ministry programs & events into a current church calendar in coordination with other pastoral and support staff.
- Leads a team that communicates a positive narrative of church life and activities through various social and other media.
- Holds team meetings and inspires a vision for members of the worship ministry.
- Formulates and submits a yearly worship budget to the Finance Chairman.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Skilled in vocal and/or instrumental capacity.
- Quality singing voice and engaging stage presence.
- Experience with worship software (i.e. Pro Presenter, Planning Center)
- Experience in Video Editing, Digital Sound Board and Lighting Boards
- Pursues the Lord Jesus Christ through Bible study, prayer and accountability.
- Good relational skills and a positive attitude
- Born again spiritually, a dedicated believer and follower of Jesus Christ.
- Maintain high character and morality with unquestionable integrity.
- Have a passion to see people come to know Jesus Christ in a personal way.
- Become a member of Green Acres Baptist Church (GABC).
- Adhere to the Constitution and By-Laws of GABC.
- Agree with and support the overall vision and mission of GABC.
- Possess high energy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with high degree of discipline and strategic focus.
- Clearance of criminal background check.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Formal Music training preferred.