POSITION DESCRIPTION: Leads the Youth Ministry in developing, coordinating, and facilitating a comprehensive ministry program that will reach students with the Gospel of Christ, make disciples of students, and engage the parents of students, while providing leadership and supervision for all aspects of the Youth Ministry.
▪ Born again Christian who is called by God into vocational ministry.
▪ Exhibits mature Christian faith and character.
▪ 4-year degree in related field preferred.
▪ Experience in youth ministry.
▪ Able to clearly articulate the Gospel message.
▪ Love for youth and families.
▪ Knowledge of God’s Word and ability to communicate it.
▪ Proficient with printed and digital study aids.
▪ Knowledge of and ability to perform basic computer applications.
▪ Self-starter with organizational, time-management, and people skills.
▪ Clearance of criminal background check.
▪ First Baptist Church Liberty City approved Child Abuse Training.
▪ Agrees with and abides by the Bylaws of First Baptist Church Liberty City (FBCLC).
▪ Is a faithful member of FBCLC or likeminded church with intent to join FBCLC upon acceptance of the position.
▪Work with and assist the Pastor in carrying out the mission of FBCLC.
▪Work as a team with the Church staff to interface with the other ministries as they relate to Youth Ministry.
▪Prepare, submit, and maintain annual budget for all related ministry responsibilities.
▪Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings.
▪Meet weekly schedule expectations. This includes but is not limited to Sunday morning, Sunday Night, Wednesday night, Summer program, special events, etc.
▪Dress in appropriate attire at work and when representing the church.
▪Recruit, train and lead teams of adult volunteers.
▪ Share the Gospel as the Lord gives the opportunity.
▪Assist in home and hospital visitation.
▪Provide counseling as needed.
▪Select Bible Study curriculum.
▪Operate sound equipment as the need arises.
▪Build slide shows for song lyric projection.
▪Develop and implement strategies that are effective in making disciples, building leaders, and mobilizing students.
▪Provide regularly scheduled opportunities for Christian growth and development, fellowship, corporate worship, and service to others through church sponsored activities. Opportunities include, but are not limited to Sunday and Wednesday gatherings, regularly scheduled local ministry, mission work, and fellowship gatherings.
▪Provide special activities of higher intensity and longer duration to develop middle and high school students in their faith. Such activities may include but not be limited to Disciple Now weekend, Summer Camp, Summer Mission Trip, and retreats.
▪Supervise the monitoring of background checks and child abuse training for all volunteers working with 6th grade up to 18 years.
▪Develop a ministry to the parents of students including regular communication regarding youth ministry direction and events.
▪Perform other duties as assigned.
Please send cover letter, resume, and any additional information that you feel we should know to by email. If you have videos of you teaching/preaching, that would be very helpful to our search committee. Please share them with using Google Drive or Drop Box.