About the Position
This ordained position, under the authority of Christ as Shepherd, serves as the spiritual shepherd of San Ramon Presbyterian Church (SRPC). The Senior Pastor prepares the people of SRPC for works of service so that the body of Christ may be built up to fulfill the Great Commission. With the Ruling Elders, the Senior Pastor exercises the joint power of government in conformity with the Scripture, discerns God’s will for the body of believers and engages SRPC in its mission, vision and strategies as established by Session.
• Faithful biblical preaching – Lead people in worship and in celebration of the Sacraments.
• Teaching – Provide the necessary oversight and involvement in the education, discipleship, equipping and nurturing of the congregation, teachers, and leaders.
• Leadership – Provide spiritual leadership and Spirit-inspired vision for the Church to build mature
followers of Jesus Christ who seek Him earnestly, serve Him faithfully, and share Him boldly.
• Staff Supervision and Development – Promote a working environment of encouragement,
accountability, respect, responsibility, and openness. Encourage all staff members in their ministry for
• Pastoral Care – Minister to Ruling Elders, pastors, staff, and the congregation by providing personal
encouragement, spiritual encouragement, and accountability.
Key Qualifications and Characteristics:
The SRPC church community is seeking a senior pastor who possesses:
• A solid and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, as Lord and Savior;
• A demonstrated heart for people and their growth in Christ;
• A relational, outgoing, and winsome leadership style with high emotional intelligence and the ability to
interact positively with a wide variety of personalities;
• Humility to take direction, receive input, and submit to the leadership and vision of the Session and
• Hunger to develop new and creative ways to inspire and motivate members and friends of the church, and the passion and energy to sustain a vibrant ministry;
• A heart to reach non-believers, with gifts and a calling to shepherd and care for believers;
• Outstanding communication skills and the ability to faithfully and imaginatively take Biblical truth to
provide application in both congregational and individual contexts;
• A background in regularly welcoming newcomers, connecting people strategically, and successfully
nurturing a culture of community into the life of a local church;
• Experience as an effective team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• A Master of Divinity from an accredited Reformed Theology Seminary who is ordained in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church or able to meet ordination requirements within the EPC.
SRPC provides compensation commensurate with Senior Pastor Positions at other churches with similar sized congregations within the demographic area. Determination of placement in the salary range will include consideration of academic degrees, training, and experience. SRPC offers a competitive employee benefits package, including health (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, and employer-paid retirement benefits.
Please email the following to the attention of the Pastor Search Committee:
• Updated resume
• Completed EPC Personal Information Form (PIF), which can be found at www.srpc.org
• A written response to the question, “Why do you feel God might be leading you to San Ramon, more specifically, to San Ramon Presbyterian Chur