The NextGen Minister is responsible for overseeing the spiritual development, programming, and events for kids, Birth-12th grade. The primary focus will be Student Ministry, 7th-12th grade, while also providing oversight, leadership, and support for Kids Ministry, Birth-6th grade. The NextGen Minister will also be an active leader, pastor, and contributor to the overall health of Macomb Christian Church. Reports to Lead Minister.
Full-time ministers are offered a very generous benefits package:
- Competitive salary based on market research comparisons, education,
- Housing allowance designation
- Full Medical Insurance, with a small monthly cost for spouse and dependents
- Vision and Dental coverage
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Retirement plan with employer matching up to 4%
- Convention and continuing education reimbursements and time off
- Minimum of two weeks of vacation, additional vacation is based on
- 12 paid holidays (floating) including three personal days
- Paid sabbatical after seven years
- Lead all aspects of Macomb Students to ensure all students are welcomed, loved, accepted, challenged, encouraged, supported, and equipped to grow in their spiritual walk with Christ.
- Develop, maintain, and oversee major Student Ministry programs, events, retreats, and growth opportunities.
- Serve as the primary communicator/teacher for major programs and events.
- Select, edit, utilize, and/or write effective curriculum that is biblical, relevant, and engaging for students.
- Recruit, equip, encourage, and empower adult leaders to serve in the Student Ministry faithfully and consistently.
- Ensure the development of a student-led worship team.
- Develop and oversee a student-led leadership team which equips and empowers students to lead, grow, and serve.
- Make personal relationships with students a priority to help them grow in their spiritual journey.
- Seek opportunities to build relationships with students in the community.
- Oversee all aspects of Macomb Kids by leading a team of volunteers.
- Oversee all programs, events, and growth opportunities for kids and families, placing a priority on Sunday morning programming.
- Oversee the selection, development, distribution, and presentation of effective curriculum that is biblical, relevant, and engaging for kids.
- Recruit, equip, encourage, and empower adult leaders to serve in the Kids Ministry faithfully and consistently.
CONTACT INFORMATION : Kurt Charlton