Auburn Church of Christ’s mission is: transforming all people with the love of Jesus. For this role, ACC is seeking an individual gifted in the areas of children’s and family ministry. This individual must have a heart to display and share the transforming power of Jesus with kids, students, and their parents.
Church and Staff Culture
ACC recently celebrated its 50th anniversary. We are debt-free and recently clarified our mission and vision. We are in the beginning stages of a 3 year strategic plan entitled Rise Up. Our building is strategically located in a residential area in the heart of Auburn, Indiana. Our staff team is young, gifted and motivated. We maintain a cooperative and collaborative spirit as we work together to pursue ACC’s mission. We have been growing in the areas of ministry organization and leadership development.
1. Immersed, obedient believer of Jesus Christ
2. Demonstrate a cooperative and collaborative spirit
3. Demonstrate a genuine love for people through communication, cooperation and personal relationships
4. Demonstrate a selfless and flexible attitude by adapting to the needs of our congregation and serving outside areas of responsibility when necessary.
1. Senior Minister
1. Oversee ACC’s Children’s Ministry (Birth-5th Grade) by recruiting and training volunteers, maintaining a yearly calendar of programs and events, administering curriculum, etc.
-Provide oversight of the established Children’s Ministry programs (CHAMP/nursery on Wednesdays and classes/nursery on Sundays)
•Assume the position of primary teacher
•Recruit and train volunteer teachers and helpers
•Oversee ACC’s offering of childcare opportunities when necessary
-Oversee ACC’s children’s ministry policies, handbook, etc.
-Oversee ACC’s children’s ministry spaces (classrooms, storage, etc.)
-Develop a balanced calendar of programs and events that reflects ACC’s Mission (transforming all people with the love of Jesus) and Vision (discipleship, community, ministry, and worship)
•Direct an annual summer VBS program
•Work with the ACC staff to plan the annual Fall Block Party and other seasonal events
-Maintain a partnership with Lake James Christian Camp & Retreat
Center by actively providing opportunities to participate in camps and retreats
-Build and maintain relationships with local children’s ministers and children’s ministry networks
-Oversee the administration of scheduling and communicating with all children’s ministry volunteers
2. Build and maintain relationships with children, students, and adults, both churched and unchurched
-Be intentionally present in our church gatherings and our community in order to create connections that enable our mission to be accomplished
3. Maintain a Family Ministry partnership with ACC’s Associate Minister
-Participate in the planning and execution of Family Ministry events
1. Participate in all scheduled staff and leadership meetings
2. Oversee the development and maintenance of ministry budgets
3. Assist with other ministry opportunities as needed based on spiritual gifting and ability/experience
4. Maintain regular office hours in accordance with the employment agreement
1. Familiarity with and acceptance of Restoration Movement doctrinal tenets
2. Bible College/University Graduate preferred
3. Experience in ministry preferred, including working with groups and overseeing the recruitment and development of volunteers
4. Along with spouse (if married), become an active member of ACC
Interested parties can apply by submitting a resume to the ACC office by email or by mail to
1103 S Jackson St.
Auburn, IN 46706