Faith formation includes developing relationships with children and their families, planning and implementing events and programs intended to lead individuals closer to Christ and His Church and toward a life of discipleship. The Faith Formation Minister (FFM) collaboratively develops and assists Pastor in ministries related to faith development for the congregation and directs the program’s mission and vision to especially encourage the spiritual development of our youth. The person will be primarily responsible for developing, planning, teaching, and leading activities related to faith formation for children and the youth in Sunday school and the confirmation program, to help families to connect with Christ, each other, and the community.
Our Savior’s Lutheran Church Ministry Posting
Our Savior’s Lutheran Church:
OSLC is situated in the Decorah Hills Neighborhood of West Bend, Wisconsin. The congregation was founded in 1959. The new Pastor has sparked new momentum as we now look to hire a Faith Formation Minister position. Join the staff and help develop the spiritual minds of young people.
Hours: Full-time non-exempt, must be available weeknights, Sundays and some Saturdays
Compensation: To be determined annually based upon education and experience
We are seeking a candidate to start in this position in the spring time of 2024 (April-May).
The Faith Formation Minister (FFM) collaboratively develops and assists Pastor in ministries related to faith development and especially encourages the spiritual development of our youth. The person will be primarily responsible for developing, planning, teaching, and leading activities related to faith formation for children and the youth in Sunday school and the confirmation program, to help families to connect with Christ, each other, and the community.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred in Education, Youth Ministry, Divinity, Early Childhood Education or similar field preferred
- Two or more years of experience working with youth and families in a church, camp, or educational setting
- Ministry training related to youth and family ministry, discipleship practices and faith formation processes preferred
- Gifts of leadership, written and verbal communication, organization, nurturing and teaching
- Excellent relational skills with youth, a resilient and persevering spirit, a sense of humor and energy
- Ability to supervise, lead and help develop leadership and coaching skills in others
- Adheres to confidentiality policy
- Have valid driver’s license and insurance
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work collaboratively with the Pastor in creating, planning, promoting, and implementing programs for Sunday School, Confirmation and intergenerational activities. Plan for the educational seasons and map out Confirmation lessons and over-arching themes.
- Build relationships with all the members of the congregation especially with the children and parents.
- Recruit, train and support teachers, mentors and other volunteer staff.
- Regularly communicate information to families, teachers and volunteers, Pastor, committees, and church staff in a timely manner.
- Carry out background checks on volunteers supporting children or youth.
- Lead planning and preparations for youth members attending field trips, mission trips or youth gatherings or other annual events
- Order curriculum, assemble materials needed for teaching the lesson for teachers, mentors and helpers, and tweak the lessons to best fit program timing
- Promote events in the congregation and community in such a way that it clearly and actively invites members and non-members to participate.
- Participate in the life of the Congregation through regular attendance at least monthly at worship.
- Provide spiritual care to youth and children when needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, Congregation Council meetings, annual meeting and other meetings as required or desired by the Pastor.
- Be a resource and positive role model for the congregation’s children/youth and their families.
- Encourage young people to participate in all facets of the life of the community of faith, including worship, choirs, educational opportunities, youth activities, synod activities, Bible Camp and service projects, etc.
How To Apply
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter by email.