We are seeking an Associate Pastor/Director of Worship whose primary interest is enabling others to worship God with all their heart, soul, and strength. You see worship in its creative totality—it is musical, visual, experiential, and scriptural—as reflecting the very nature of God himself. You must have a deep, abiding devotion to God and his Word; a sensitivity to the Spirit’s leading; and a profound respect for the historic hymns of the faith along with modern songs that glorify our triune God. You are a lifelong learner who enjoys working with a team and who desires to disciple the next generation of Christ-followers. You have a desire to shepherd and disciple God’s people, and you express worship in a variety of theologically-rich and artistic expressions. Our hope is that you will be able to also utilize your education, background, and experiences to help in other areas of ministry that will be discovered and explored throughout the search process.
Based on your spiritual gifts, experience, and interests, along with the church’s needs, you will:
• Have an excellent ability with lead vocals and a lead instrument (e.g., guitar, piano, etc.)
• Assist in crafting Sunday worship services with the pastoral staff by aligning music, prayer, liturgy elements, and preaching in a theologically-rich, biblically-centered way
• Train current and future Worship Team members musically and teach them how to thoughtfully and theologically lead our church family in the worship of God
• Lead and/or assist in all musical production (i.e. technical aspects) and assist with digital communications (e.g., social media, website, podcasts, livestream production, etc.)
• Work with lay ministry teams in one or more of the church’s ministries (e.g., Outreach, Missions, Member Care, Groups, Youth, Children, Worship, Connections, etc.)
• Collaborate joyfully with pastoral staff and/or elders to explore other possible areas of administrative, pastoral, or other related support as needed
• Working knowledge of Pro Presenter, sound board equipment, Light Key, and Planning Center (or equivalent programs)
1. Has a deep, delightful relationship with Jesus Christ that is manifested through a clear, biblical
testimony and a life that aligns with his testimony.
2. Will pursue unity by articulating, living by, and defending our Statement of Faith.
3. Possess the character qualities of a elder or deacon as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 and is
eager to grow and learn in your ministry.
4. Demonstrate spiritual maturity (i.e., faithful, available, teachable), think theologically, has a heart
to shepherd God’s people, and is a team player with a humble attitude.
5. Undergraduate or graduate degree Pastoral Ministries, Theology, Worship Arts, or related field
6. Agrees to complete licensure and ordination with the EFCA within a reasonable period of time
after hire (pastors only).
7. Prefer at least two years experience in local church ministry or related experience, though we
are open to recent graduates as well.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to clarity and detail.
INTERESTED IN NEXT STEPS
If you believe God is leading you to take the next step in this process, please send a resume and cover letter (PDF) with links to examples of your leadership in worship and/or sermons by email.