Since 1913, Stedman Baptist Church has had a rich heritage of sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. It all started with a small group of folks committed to reaching a growing community. We at Stedman Baptist are committed to growing with the community through service and sharing the word of Christ. In 2015 we moved to our current multi-purpose facility and worship center. Everyone is welcome to worship and grow with us!
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Student Pastor should lead and organize an effective student ministry. He should possess a passion to lead students of the church and community. He should train the students in discipleship and teach them how to lead other students to Jesus Christ.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Provide leadership to the overall student ministry grades 6 – 12.
- Model and raise the value of a Christ centered lifestyle to the students.
- Build a student ministry team.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the public and private schools in the community.
- Facilitate the training of the students through Sunday School and other activities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to the students on an individual basis. If there is one-on-one counseling there must be a qualified witness.
- Maintain a connection with the students’ parents.
- Have ongoing seasonal activities with the students.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Prepare, monitor, and control the annual student budget as approved by the church.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with the Senior Pastor.
- Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles.
- Adequate planning and preparation for all services, meetings, and activities must be done so that each event will be effective in accomplishing its purpose.
- Support and lead students to participate in VBS.
- Oversee and manage Gym activities.
- See to it that student leaders have background checks before working with the students.