Campus Worship Pastor (South Campus)
Full Time – 40hrs/ week
Focus of Position
The Campus Worship Pastor is to create an atmosphere in our services that points people to Jesus. The Campus Worship Pastor has a special responsibility to pray for and teach people about the truths of Jesus. This calling requires preparedness to proclaim the excellencies of Him (1 Peter 2:9) with excellence. The Campus Worship Pastor will strive to eliminate distractions through prayerful planning and preparation.
The elements of our services and music play a big role in how we express our worship of Jesus. Arguably an even bigger role is how we live when no one is watching. As a Brookstone Campus Worship Pastor it is vital to pursue personal holiness, private purity, because we believe worship is a whole-life response to Jesus for who He is and what He’s done. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- The Word of God – The Word of God is the foundation of our team. Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
- Excellence – we are unashamed of our pursuit to constantly do things with excellence. 1Peter 2:9 Proclaim His excellencies, Psalm 33:3, play skillfully. Eliminate as many distractions as possible. We pursue this so that our attention or the attention of those we are leading is not diverted from the substance of the songs due to a lack of preparedness.
- Togetherness – We are a team and we strive for unity. We support each other. We talk to each other, not about each other. 1 Thessalonians 5:11. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
- Development – Exodus 18:21 Moreover, look for able men from all the people, men who fear God, who are trustworthy and hate a bribe, and place such men over the people as chiefs of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties, and of tens. Development is an essential function of a leader. Develop and implement new team members.
- Plan our weekly Sunday worship service.
- Choose songs that engage the congregation and support the text of the message being delivered.
- Develop musicians and vocalists to grow your rotation of volunteer teams serving in worship services.
- Lead mid-week rehearsals for Sunday. Uphold the standard of preparedness and excellence.
- Communicate band notes to the worship team, band/vocal parts, transitions, and other service elements.
- Innovate new ways to utilize technology while becoming more flexible on the platform.
- Create serving team schedules.
- Create chord charts, arrangements, and tracks for service.
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and evidence of living a Spirit-filled life.
- Regular and reliable attendance to Brookstone.
- Promotes a positive, ministry-minded, and healthy environment as a team player specifically with pastor and staff as well as church leaders, members, guests, and the community at large.
- Has a servant attitude and desires to serve the Lord through the local church.
- People-oriented: relates well with all people in attitude and appearance.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently with the ability to give attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
- Knowledge of the church’s by-laws, policies, procedures, and general church practices.
- Possess the skills necessary to perform the functions of the job and the capacity to learn additional skills which the job may require.
- Knowledge of basic music theory and the Nashville number system
- Experience with Planning Center
- Experience using clicks and tracks
- Experience planning worship service flow using software like Ableton, Prime from Loop Community, or Playback from Multi tracks, etc.
- Maintain a vital and growing relationship with the Lord through consistent time in the Word and prayer.
- Commit to Evangelism Explosion training.
- Strive to maintain and protect biblical priorities in the home.
- Seek to maintain accountability through participation in a relational environment.
- Personal Worship attendance at service
The Campus Worship Pastor reports to the South Campus Pastor.
The Campus Worship Pastor will oversee a team of volunteers that serve in worship ministry (band, choir, praise team, etc…).
A competitive salary wage commensurate with experience will be provided.
Full-time; Monday-Thursday (9am-5pm); Thursday Band Rehearsal (6:00-7:30pm); Sundays (6:45am-1:30pm).