The Next Gen Minister is a part-time position is to oversee and develop the ministries that serve the children and students, ages birth through twelfth grade of Smithfield Christian Church.
- First and foremost, a growing relationship with Jesus.
- A desire to see God’s church grow and make a difference in the Smithfield community.
- A heart for young people to develop personal and growing relationships with Jesus and a passion to help parents guide their children to love and honor God.
- Organizational skills such as time management, interpersonal relationships, persistence to finish projects, and commitment to excellence in all areas of ministry.
- A personal involvement in the life of the church, such as, Bible studies, social events, and service opportunities.
- Previous ministry experience, volunteered or paid, with children and/or students is required and at least a bachelor’s degree in children’s ministry, youth ministry, or another similar ministry is preferred.
- Oversee and direct the overall programing for SCC’s Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry by providing directional leadership.
- Lead, encourage, and develop our team of Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry volunteers as well as help new volunteers find their calling in these ministries.
- With the assistance of volunteers, provide the needed spiritual and pastoral shepherding for the children and teens of SCC as well as their families.
- Attend weekly staff meetings (Monday 9:30am) and attend semi-annual Ministry Team Leader meetings (second Monday of the February and September, 6:00pm).
- Meet with Senior Minister for monthly for 1-on-1 meetings for coaching, quarterly goal review, and planning.
- Be a team player by assisting the other ministry teams of SCC when available.
Compensation/Office Hours Expectations:
- Semimonthly direct deposit pay.
- Work hours total 20 hours a week and workdays negotiable. Remote work is available for some of the weekly hours.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year and sick leave.
- Most federal holidays are given in addition to vacation days.
- “Flex-time” between Christmas and New Year’s Day to allow for family time.
- Yearly convention and personal development allowance.
- Yearly retirement contributions.
- Work laptop is provided as well as other needed technology equipment.
For more information or to Apply:
- Send questions and/or resumes by email with Next Gen Minister in subject line.
- Background check (provided by SCC) is required before employment.
- Immediate start is available.