We are searching for a rock-solid student pastor to lead our 6th grade through college ministry at Salem Baptist Church in McDonough,
The Minister to Students, under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor or his designee, will lead, develop, and implement the middle school, high school, and college ministries of Salem Baptist Church in the areas of discipleship, missions, worship, and outreach/evangelism while serving as a spiritual leader and role model by equipping students to be disciples who make disciples.
- Shall exhibit a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Shall keep family in the proper position of priorities
- Shall be supportive of and serve harmoniously and cooperatively under the leadership of the Senior Pastor and with all other ministers and staff members
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best
- Models a Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle
- Supports and adheres to the Vision, Values, Beliefs, and We Will statements of Salem Baptist Church.
- Salem staff must be active, participating members of Salem Baptist Church or willing to become members at the beginning of employment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Shall plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a gospel-centered student ministry that equips students to be disciples who make disciples across two campuses.
- Shall provide pastoral care for students, encouraging their spiritual growth, challenging them to grow in their commitment to Christ and His mission, and identifying their strengths.
- Shall plan and coordinate all student ministry events including, but not limited to, weekly midweek services, Sunday life groups, outreach events, summer camp, fall retreat, DNOW weekend, mission trips, and other events.
- Shall consistently have a presence and partner with the local middle and high schools for outreach and connecting with students in our community.
- Recruit and equip adult volunteers to disciple students through Sunday life groups, Bible studies, and mentorships.
- Coordinate curriculum for middle school, high school, and college students and recruit teachers to teach, disciple, and mentor in partnership with Minister to Students.
- Keep records of student participation and manage the student ministry budget.
- Communicate promptly and as effectively as possible using all available resources such as texts, social media, emails, newsletters, etc.
- Shall communicate with Salem staff, leadership, parents, and the congregation about student ministry.
- Support, encourage, and make yourself available to students in various ways, including but not limited to one-on-one or group discipleship, attending extracurricular activities, personal visits, times of crisis, etc.
- Be aware of resources for developing the student ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Hold to the multigenerational model of Salem Baptist Church by connecting regularly with other ministry staff to maintain cohesion between ministries.
- Provide spiritual instruction and encouragement to Salem students, families, and volunteers through prayer, phone calls, notes, and personal visits.
- Partner with Salem staff in ministering to Salem members, guests, and community through evangelistic outreach, hospital & nursing home visits, shut-in visits, calls, texts, and personal visits as assigned.
- Shall partner with Salem staff in planning and coordinating special events, outreach and churchwide events.
- Be available to teach and/or preach on Sundays, Wednesdays, or as assigned.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Sign in to Apply
Application closes: May 31, 2024