The Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry and Missional Outreach (AP) is a member of the Pastoral Staff of Lone Oak Baptist Church (LOBC). The AP shall be under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and shall be responsive and accountable to him in all matters assigned. This is a full-time, exempt position.
The AP will work in conjunction with the Senior Pastor to advance the mission of LOBC by supervising all functional areas relating to the church’s ministry to Middle and High School students and their families, as well as cultivating a culture of missional outreach within the church.
- A clear testimony of faith in and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as well as a clear testimony of calling into and the character necessary for vocational ministry as expressed in 1 Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- A minimum of a college degree is required for this position. Additional training such as seminary education and/or ministry experience qualifying a candidate for this position is preferred.
- Agreement with the principles of faith as outlined in the Southern Baptist Faith and Message 2000, the mission and Covenant of LOBC, and ordination by a Southern Baptist congregation or recommendation to the ministry from a church of like faith and practice.
- A background clear of any criminal activity and/or evidence of child abuse or neglect. Reference and background checks will be performed before the offer of any position.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- A pastoral concern for the salvation, discipleship, and well-being of teenagers and their families as well as members of the broader congregation and community.
- A servant’s heart, generous spirit, and a commitment to missions and evangelism so that the kingdom of God might advance through the spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Good organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be a driven individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, someone genuinely relational and able to work with others creatively, positively, and productively, and will have a Spiritual gifting in evangelism.
- Starting Salary of up to $60,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience (divided for housing, insurance, retirement, etc. according to the Associate Pastor).
- Regular weekdays off, PTO, sick leave, holidays, time off for professional development days, conventions, conferences, etc.
- IRS standard accountable expense reimbursement plan.
- Maintain an authentic and ongoing walk with Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior. Preserve a healthy home environment, taking care to love and lead his family well.
- Intentionally engage in relational evangelism with unbelievers and help LOBC to do the same.
- Work with the Pastoral Staff as a fellow shepherd to lead LOBC in shaping, casting, and fulfilling its mission, vision, and values.
- Be constantly growing in the skills and knowledge necessary for this position.
- Assist in all areas of Pastoral Ministry including, but not limited to, preparing and delivering sermons at the discretion of the Senior Pastor, administration of the ordinances, visitation of members and prospects, performance of weddings and funerals, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned or agreed upon by the Pastor.
- Youth Ministry:
- Prayerfully plan and coordinate all aspects of the youth ministries of LOBC in cooperation with the Pastor and all affected ministry teams. This requires meeting with the Pastor and/or Pastoral Staff at least weekly for prayer and coordination, and preparing ministry updates for the congregation quarterly.
- Organize, implement, and evaluate a balanced approach to student ministry that includes Bible study, discipleship training, missional outreach, recreation, fellowship, music, etc. This includes but is not limited to weekly Sunday School lessons, Sunday evening gatherings, retreats, camps, service projects, activities, etc.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and oversight of comprehensive policies to address safety, security, codes of conduct, etc. to safeguard all involved in the LOBC Youth Ministry.
- Oversee the leadership of the LOBC youth ministry including but not limited to the recruiting, training, vetting, scheduling, discipleship, and motivation of the Youth Ministry members, teachers, and volunteers.
- Provide Christian guidance and care for all those connected to the Youth Ministry through visitation and counseling of students, parents, teachers, volunteers, prospective members, etc.
- Regularly communicate updates regarding the Youth Ministry with students, church leadership, staff, parents, and the congregation promptly utilizing the most appropriate available resources (email, website, social media, etc.).
- Prepare and administer an annual budget for the LOBC Youth Ministries. Maintain all equipment and supplies related to the Youth Ministries and purchase new or replace existing equipment and supplies when necessary.
- Missional Outreach:
- Lead the congregation of LOBC in building a biblical culture of multiplication and missional outreach to our community, region, and world by planning and coordinating all aspects of the missional efforts of LOBC in cooperation with the Pastor and all affected ministry teams. This requires meeting with the Pastor and/or Pastoral Staff at least weekly for prayer and coordination and preparing ministry updates for the congregation quarterly.
- Organize, implement, and evaluate a balanced approach to missional outreach locally, regionally, and globally that includes Bible study, discipleship training, outreach events, service opportunities, mission trips, etc.
- Create and oversee a mechanism for the identification, recruitment, equipping, and sending of missionaries and mission teams as well as church planting and strengthening teams.
- Annually evaluate the ministry partnerships of LOBC making recommendations for all forms of support.
- Prepare and administer an annual budget for all LOBC missional outreach efforts and ministry partnerships. Maintain all equipment and supplies related to the missional ministries of LOBC, purchasing new or replacing equipment and supplies as necessary.
Expectations: The congregation of LOBC expects that the Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry and Missional Outreach love and lead the entire congregation as a pastor to grow both spiritually and numerically as we advance the kingdom of God in Cunningham and across the world.