The Director of Family Ministries position is full time (40 hours per week) responsible for leading our children’s and youth programs. The Children and Youth Director will also participate as a member of the staff team to vision and strategically plan for the future of the church and develop disciples for Jesus.
Compensation: $60-$90K/ year DOE, with benefits
- Strategically plan and oversee development of the youth and children’s ministries aligning them with our church vision and meeting the needs of youth growing up in Silicon Valley/Bay Area.
- Organize, lead and equip Children and Youth Leadership Teams.
- Recruit, train and support adult and youth volunteers – conduct appropriate background checks and implement safety procedures.
- Oversee selection, development and implementation of children and youth curriculum – to include fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism as well as provide youth hands-on ministry and mission opportunities both within and outside the church.
- Oversee or lead implementation of Youth Church, Children’s Church and other youth activities throughout the year, including but not limited to VBS, Youth Retreats, Missions trips, and fundraising events.
- Proactively communicate and work with parents in a way that encourages partnership and involvement in our vision of raising up children and youth in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Assist in the development and oversight of Children and Youth Ministry budget.
- Foster a culture that is intentionally intergenerational and multicultural, with a focus on leading families, children and youth toward a thriving relationship with God.
- Provide support for children’s program and child-care to accompany church-wide events, such as Sunday morning services, church-wide retreats and trainings.
- Manage purchasing, storage, and organization of Children and Youth Ministry materials and supplies.
- We are a church-in-a-box type of church, and therefore a strong effort to manage storage and supplies is important.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Previous pastoral experience or significant lay leadership experience within Youth and Children’s ministries is required. Clear calling to pastor and teach children and youth, with experience and references to support it.
- Seminary/Bible college degree in Children and Youth Ministry is preferred but not required.
- Well rounded Biblical knowledge and spiritual gifting to lead and teach children and youth in a way that is relevant and compelling to their current context, with special importance in the ability to communicate the gospel message, to contextualize biblical concepts, and the ability to train other adult volunteers to do the same.
- Able to lead independently but also work well on a team.
- Able to partner with pastors and other staff to accomplish overall church vision.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Spiritual maturity: broad knowledge of the scriptures, an active prayer life, and an understanding and experience of the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- Experience not only training and leading Children and Youth within the church, but also reading youth outside of the church context and leading them into it.
- Passionate about reaching the Silicon Valley/Bay Area’s youth and children. An understanding of the uniqueness of this area and genuine compassion for the youth and children that live in it.
- Familiar with the Association of Vineyard Churches and alignment with its core values and ministry philosophy. As a member of the staff team, you will need to show that you are in agreement with its theology and practice.
- Experience working in a church or community-based social service or social justice organization with socially and economically marginalized individuals is preferred.
Please send a cover letter including your reasons for applying, along with a resume by email.