Desired start date of July 1 2024 but open to earlier, Female candidate preferred Parttime or Fulltime opportunity, salary upon request
City Church is looking to add a pastor to our team. Depending on interest and skill set, there are opportunities in worship, community formation, and pastoral care. Below is more specific information, but this opportunity will be tailored to fit the candidate.
The position also includes mentoring by Leo Schuster, Lead Pastor, and Valerie Tompson, Executive Director. Leo has been in ministry for over 30 years and served at Redeemer Presbyterian with Tim Keller. Valerie has over 15 years experience in ministry operations with a background in business administration.
Pastoral Care and Connection
● Build pastoral relationships
○ Contact work with City Church people
○ Lead or participate in a small group
● Work in different ministry areas at City Church depending on desire and skill set and current need
○ Staff liaison to diaconate
○ Pastor City Church volunteers
○ Assist in small group ministry
Teaching and Discipleship
● Opportunities to preach with coaching and feedback
● Help craft worship
● Participate in worship regularly with coaching and feedback
● Other teaching opportunities throughout the year with coaching and feedback
● Weekly staff meetings
● Regularly scheduled meetings with Lead Pastor and Executive Director
● Attend session and / or diaconal meetings
Salary and benefits available upon request
Please direct all inquiries to Valerie Tompson, Executive Director by email.