9-12 months depending on candidate, desired start date of July 1 2024, but open to earlier Female candidate preferred, parttime or fulltime opportunity, salary upon request.
Pastoral Care and Connection
● Build pastoral relationships
○ Contact work with City Church people
○ Lead or participate in a small group
● Work in different ministry areas at City Church depending on desire and skill set and current need
○ Staff liaison to diaconate
○ Pastor City Church volunteers
○ Assist in small group ministry
Teaching and Discipleship
● Opportunities to preach with coaching and feedback
● Help craft worship
● Participate in worship regularly with coaching and feedback
● Other teaching opportunities throughout the year with coaching and feedback
● Weekly staff meetings
● Regularly scheduled meetings with Lead Pastor and Executive Director
● Residency Rotations
○ Designed to expand knowledge in all areas of church.
○ Depending on interest of candidate and current needs of City Church, opportunities to spend time helping in different ministry areas
● Periodically attend session and / or diaconal meetings
The position also includes mentoring by Leo Schuster, Lead Pastor, and Valerie Tompson, Executive Director. Leo has been in ministry for over 30 years and served at Redeemer Presbyterian with Tim Keller. Valerie has over 15 years experience in ministry operations with a background in business administration.
Housing not provided but we are open to helping secure housing
Interested candidates please contact Valerie Tompson, Executive Director by email.