Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for the execution of the vision and mission of Westfield Presbyterian Church under the guidance of the Senior Pastor to lead our youth program through discipleship, teaching and building relationships. Westfield is a 220-year-old congregation that currently has an 8600 square foot addition under construction, slated to open late 2024. This multi-purpose facility will house a gym, coffee bar and community space.
Director will have a vibrant relationship with Christ and be known as someone with a posture of welcoming, kindness, forgiveness, and care. This is a public position that requires someone not afraid to speak in front of people. It also requires sensitivity to young believers, non-believers, seasoned church folk, and newcomers.
Director will conduct duties according to the mission and vision of Westfield and strive to align teaching with the Essential Tenants of ECO: A Covenant Order of Presbyterians.
Know Christ – Worship
• Teach, disciple and lead in such a way that our youth understand and want to prioritize worship as a
part of their Christian journey.
• Lead regular weekly youth group gatherings. Possibly teach Sunday School.
Love Christ – Community
• Plan and implement retreats for the youth throughout the year.
• Recruit parents and other stakeholders to grow volunteers for the youth program.
• Build relationships with parents and families.
• Plan times outside regular meeting for discipleship opportunities.
• Coordinate with Children’s Minister to ensure a smooth transition from Kid Ministry to Youth Ministry.
• Occasional Community Events, periodic joint events with other ministries (Young life, area churches).
• Support VBS as needed.
• Use existing social media to highlight events and activities.
Share Christ – Evangelism/Service
• Build a ministry presence among youth “on their turf,” regardless of faith commitment.
• Coordinate youth to attend the annual mission trip. Attend if possible.
• Implement media strategy to expand Westfield’s impact in the local area.
Director of Youth Ministries shall be under the supervision of the Senior Pastor in cooperation with
Director will attend weekly staff meetings.
Director will work closely with Senior Pastor for planning and vision purposes.
This position can be full or part time. This is good for someone seeking ordination. Housing possible.
To inquire more about this position or to apply, email Rev. Dr. Bobby Griffith.