1. Education – Minimum of 2 years college.
2. Experience – Volunteer work in a children’s ministry or internship (preferred).
3. Skills and Abilities – advanced Bible knowledge along with a teachable spirit who is willing to learn and grow.
Position Purpose: An individual man/woman called of God to lead our children’s ministry into the future with conviction, vision, and humility. He/she will primarily be focused on oversight, direction, and development of the children’s ministries within First Christian Church of Union to carry out its mission, vision, and purpose.
Overview of Position: To encourage, promote, and equip the people of our congregation to instruct and guide our young people to be disciples of Christ. To pursue excellence in an atmosphere that values people above materialism or identity of self. To be the primary teacher and vision caster of the children’s ministries of First Christian Church working in unity with the Student Minister, Senior Minister and Elders to move forward the core values and scriptural foundation of the church.
1. People and Team Development
a. Contributes to personal, leadership, and spiritual maturity of volunteers.
b. Establish and nurture a pool of talent and volunteer involvement in the children’s ministry teams.
c. Provide mid-and long-range planning for resources and training.
2. Administration and Organization
a. Coordinate and collaborate with all ministry areas to achieve the mission of First Christian Church.
b. Recruit, train, and communicate weekly with children’s ministry volunteers.
c. First priority is to see that the children of First Christian Church are kept safe while in our care by following our church safety protocols (background checks, security team attentive to ministry needs, etc.)
d. Be a leader of leaders and develop others to be likewise.
a. Be a talented speaker/teacher who can creatively engage our children.
b. Enthusiastically communicate the values and mission of First Christian Church.
c. In cooperation with the other ministry staff to plan and coordinate special events and weekly services.
a. To be a disciple maker who loves God and others.
b. To be a respected leader who is strong, positive, and confident.
c. To inspire and cultivate participation in the life of the church.
d. To be encouraging to others to plan for the future so ministry may be done in excellence by leading in the same fashion.
e. To be emotionally stable and to maintain a healthy and balanced family/home life.
f. Provide leadership for children’s workers, mentors, and parents beyond the classroom.
a. Communicate and meet with the Student Minister and Senior Minister on a weekly, if not more, basis.
b. Pastoral Care – member/prospect calling, hospital calling, and bereavement calling when called upon.
c. Be an advocate for children and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of children in the local church and community.
d. Contribute to additional areas of ministry where giftedness, interests, and church needs coincide.
1. Fully devoted to being a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
2. Display honesty and integrity beyond reproach.
3. Contagiously enjoys life with a sense of humor and the ability to have fun with others.
4. Wholeheartedly agrees with the beliefs and mission of First Christian Church.
5. Is a “down-to-earth” people person. He must truly enjoy people and is highly social.
6. Is a strong leader.
7. Is relatable, approachable, and attentive to others.
8. Is a consistent communicator of the gospel.
9. Is relationally healthy and understands the importance of transparency and confidentiality.
10. Is not afraid to trust the staff and leadership.
11. Is comfortable delegating and leading with a collaborative spirit.
12. Encourages people, loves to help people overcome, and equips them to attempt great things and to move beyond their past mistakes.
13. Lives a life of authenticity and openness to who they truly are.
14. Inspires, encourages, and develops leadership in others.
15. Is humble in life, leadership, and giftedness.
CONTACT INFORMATION: John Wagner