We are a Korean-American church with 40 years of history, looking forward to the next 40 years. A F/T or P/T Assistant Pastor position is open and waiting for you at Charleston Korean United Methodist Church at 2745 Shadow Lane in North Charleston, SC.
Our Next Generation Ministry, which includes Sunday School, Youth Group, and the Young Adult’s Ministry is in need of a leader who is willing and able to bridge the gap between the older generation and the Next Generation congregation in providing structure for successful spiritual and emotional growth.
- Graduate of Accredited Seminary in the U.S.
- 3 Years Min. Experience
- A Certified Candidate or above in the Ordination Process of the U.M.C.(for F/T only)
- Passion and vision for Next Generation Ministry
- Administration of the New Generation Ministry.
- Lead worship, preach, teach/lead weekly Bible studies, visitations, retreats, VBS, and pastoral counseling
- Reach out to other UM and local churches for joint ministry, including but not limited to youth and social justice/services activities.
Compensation and Benefits (F/T Only):
- Vacation and Professional Development
- Pastoral expense for continuing education and pastoral trips
If your heart says “Yes!”
Please apply by emailing the following for a full extended list of job descriptions and information on salary, compensation, and benefits.
- Statement of calling, ministerial vision, and personal testimony (Min. 2 pages)
- Two (2) Recommendation letters (Pastor & colleague) w/current contact information
- 2 Recent Sermons (audio or video, and written doc)
Contact: Jessica Hong