Introduction: Working in partnership with, and under the leadership of, the Lead Pastor and session of First Church, the Assistant Pastor will help to implement the gospel mission of First Church to become and make fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Preaching: The Assistant Pastor will be responsible for preaching roughly 40 times each year. The majority of these preaching opportunities will be at the evening service.
- Teaching: The Assistant Pastor will be responsible for seeking out opportunities for teaching in general, including but not limited to teaching formal classes when called upon.
- Worship Leadership: In addition to preaching, the Assistant Pastor will participate in leading corporate worship in cooperation with the Lead Pastor
- Outreach: The Assistant Pastor will be responsible for finding the best use of his own gifts in the outreach ministry of First Church.
- Small Group: The Assistant Pastor will play a role in identifying appropriate curriculum for small groups, recruiting small group members, and equipping small group leaders.
- Hospitality: The Assistant Pastor will be responsible for embracing the vision of greater He will then be responsible for overseeing a hospitality ministry that seeks to personally engage visitors and neighbors.
- Other: As is fitting for ministry work, the Assistant Pastor may be called upon at times to take on other responsibilities as
- Communication: Candidate should possess a demonstrated ability to communicate with clarity in teaching/preaching, small group, and individual settings.
- Personality: Candidate should be able to relate positively with members of the congregation and community.
- Flexibility: Candidate should be willing to attend to the needs of the congregation and ministry as situations require.
- Deference: Candidate should be a good team player willing to take instruction from the Lead Pastor and session in order to fulfill the stated goals of First Church
- Mentoring: Candidate should have a desire to mentor men in an attempt to build up the church by personal investment in husbands, fathers, and/or future church leaders.
- Kindness: Candidate should be characterized by a spirit of Kindness should be demonstrated towards visitors, sufferers, and in general interaction with members.
- Personal Holiness: Candidate should lead from a heart that loves the Lord.
- Education: Candidate must have a Masters of Divinity degree, be eligible for ordination in the Chicago Metro Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church in America, and have a desire for continuing to sharpen his mind.
Interested candidates may send resume and cover letter.