Overview of the Position:
Under the supervision and direction of the pastor and session, the Assistant Pastor for Discipleship & Outreach will provide vision, oversight, and leadership for these vital ministries of Oak Hills. These ministries include small groups, community outreach, youth, children, and young adults. The Assistant Pastor will have ongoing interaction with the Session regarding use of time and ministry priorities.
Character: Enamored by grace, filled with grace, and growing in grace.
Theological Conviction: Either ordained or ordainable in the PCA, which includes the vow to receive and adopt the Westminster Standards as containing the system of doctrine taught in Scripture.
Completed or in the process of completing theological education on par with the requirements for ordination in the PCA.
Ministry Giftedness & Passion:
Evangelism; leadership (organizing and empowering volunteers); administration (planning and strategy); a love for youth and their spiritual development.
Small Group Ministry
• Oversee and lead the Life Group ministry, including recruiting & training leaders, encouraging congregational involvement, and providing recommendations for curriculum.
• Provide resources and encouragement for other Bible studies in the church.
• Provide training and encouragement for personal evangelism.
• Strategize avenues for the church to increase her presence and impact in the community for the sake of the gospel.
• Champion opportunities for the church to serve the community.
Young Adult, Youth, & Children’s Ministry
• Oversee (recruiting, training, and encouraging) our volunteer teams who minister within these areas. Personally be involved in leading one or more of these areas, engaging in discipleship relationships with youth and young adults.
• Evaluate and determine programing and curriculum used for discipleship.
• Lead the development of these ministry areas as the church grows, including facility improvements, expansion of discipleship and service opportunities, and special events or activities.
• Encourage, equip, and support parents and families in the discipleship of their children.
• Assist the pastor with general pastoral needs (i.e. hospital visits, Sunday morning liturgy, occasional preaching, etc.)
• This is a full–time call. Compensation commensurate with level of experience and qualifications. Full call package will
be discussed in the interview process.
• Email your Resume with Cover Letter (explaining your sense of call to such a ministry position) to Gerie Owens, our Administrative Assistant.