We consider our ministry to young families to be strong, and yet ready to blossom further. We want to continue to grow our ministry so that it has a flowing, cohesive strategy from cradle to college (i.e. “NextGen”). We also desire to bless and be a
resource to the larger community by hosting annual speakers or seminars.
The assistant pastor will have two primary focuses: First, he or she will direct and oversee the NextGen Ministry. He or she will directly supervise and mentor the NextGen staff, which consists of a children’s ministry director(s), a part–time girls
ministry coordinator, and interns, with the Senior Pastor’s help. Second, he or she will minister to the youth (7th–12 graders) on Sundays and Wednesdays.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking someone who:
1. Loves the Lord Jesus Christ; demonstrates a personal, growing relationship with Him and is able to articulate that faith to others, personally and in a worship leadership role.
2. Is ordained and who can affirm ECO’s Essential Tenets.
3. Have a master’s seminary degree.
4. We are seeking someone who is personable and approachable. Someone who is a learner; is well–organized; and who has a passion for discipling youth and young families.
5. Demonstrates self–direction and initiative in personal and professional life and ability to prioritize time to meet responsibilities and achieve goals established. A visionary leader and effective manager of all resources.
6. Two years youth ministry experience is preferred.
The Assistant Pastor will work closely with the Senior Pastor. He or she will have much support from, and will work with: The Discipleship Unit, the NextGen staff, and children and youth leadership teams.
1. Pray for the NextGen ministry, and the surrounding community that they may come to know Jesus Christ and mature into a fullness of faith.
2. Develop, implement and coordinate a single vision for the Next Gen (“Cradle to College”) ministry. Unite into one seamless progression of faith development, with benchmarks along with way. This will be accomplished with support of the
Senior Pastor, NextGen staff, NextGen leadership teams and Discipleship Unit.
3. Supervise, lead and shepherd with NextGen ministry staff.
4. Ensure policies are appropriate and up to date for NextGen Ministry, with assistance from NextGen staff, Church Administrator and Senior Pastor.
5. Minister to the Youth: Leads (or ensures such groups as led) weekly groups on Wednesday and Sunday evenings.
6. Annual Missions Trips for High School students, such as Son Servants.
7. Annual Missions Trips for Middle School students, such as Mars Hill.
8. Assure connection with our own Child Development Center (i.e. preschool): namely, assist the NextGen ministry will have a visible welcoming presence to CDC families, including (1) having the NextGen staff assist with CDC chapel messages, (2) have a visible presence on sporadic big CDC events.
9. Counsel students and parents as appropriate and to make necessary referrals.
10. Participate in staff, session, Discipleship Unit and NextGen ministry meetings.
11. Coordinate mission/outreach service and social events for the NextGen ministry.
12. Incorporate and promote covenant partner involvement (including to but not limited to parents) into the NextGen ministry and FPC as a whole.
13. Encourage covenant partners to attend annual workshops or conferences, as appropriate.
14. Is in tune with the challenges that youth face in terms of technology, peer pressure, the abuse of the body, and other pressing issues for teens.
15. Fosters a safe environment that is free from bullying.
a. Be active and faithful in a pastor covenant group.
b. Attend ECO Annual National Gathering.
c. Preach occasionally, as requested.
d. Officiate weddings and funerals, if requested.
Annual performance review and evaluation by the Senior Pastor and Personnel
Committee with input from the Discipleship Unit. This will be a source for direction and
specific to the expectations and performance of job duties.
This is a full–time position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY Interested candidates may visit our website or email to us.