Purpose: The Assistant Pastor of Children’s Ministry is primarily responsible for the pastoring of children and the team of volunteers in Christ Community Church’s Children’s Ministry.
Reports To: The Assistant Pastor of Children’s Ministry reports to the Senior Pastor as a member of the pastoral staff team and to the Youth and Family Pastor as an assistant within the Next Generation Ministries team. He is ultimately accountable to the Board of Elders.
Salary: Full-time salaried position. Salary is dependent on experience, education, and aptitude for leadership.
General Requirements: All staff pastors at CCC have the same core requirements.
- To equip believers (Eph. 4:11-12) for the work of the ministry by:
- Building teams in relational environments.
- Training leaders who will reproduce and multiply ministry.
- Teaching the church to engage with their spiritual gifts and abilities.
- Releasing men and women into ministry with oversight.
- Feeding the sheep by teaching the Word (Ezek. 34:2).
- Regular encouragement and support (34:3).
- Seeking out those lost and wandering from the fold (34:4, 6).
- Being present in difficult seasons of life (hospital visits and funerals).
- To manage ministries (Acts 20:28: 1 Tim. 3:1) well through faithful leadership and oversight through:
- Faithful stewardship of finances, people, and time.
- Regular communication with team leaders and with the elders.
- To maintain a personal life (1 Tim. 3:2; 2 Tim 2:24) that is morally blameless, doctrinally pure, self-controlled, and even-tempered. He is to be a faithful partner in his marriage covenant, if married, temperate, reputable, hospitable, and worthy of respect evidenced by:
- A growing relationship with Christ through spiritual disciplines (1 Cor. 9:27).
- Managing his household well—setting family priorities, establishing family values, and ensuring biblical discipline in the home (1 Tim. 3:4b).
- Spending time in preparation for teaching God’s Word.
- Seeking ongoing educational/instructional opportunities in ministry and the Word where appropriate and directed.
- Preaching and teaching when called upon by the Senior Pastor or the Board of Elders.
- To set a standard of service (Phil. 2:1-11) by:
- Fiercely guarding the unity of the staff and the church (Phil. 1:1-4).
- Remaining humble and teachable in a staff environment reporting to a senior pastor/supervisor.
- Maintaining a heart for reconciliation in the event of team conflict.
Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree required. Some seminary education is preferable. A Masters in Religion, Biblical Studies, Divinity or a related field is highly desirable. Previous experience leading and organizing children’s ministry is preferred.
Specific Responsibilities and Goals
- To directly oversee the part-time staff of Children’s Administrators in the recruiting and training of a steady team of children’s workers, teachers, and check-in and check -out personnel for children’s ministry.
- Continue implementing the curriculum that will assist in the discipleship training of children ages nursery through 12th Also work with the Youth & Family Pastor in the implementation of formational outcomes for the children’s ministry.
- Develop and implement programs designed to grow the children of CCC in Christ.
- To engage children regularly in opportunities for service both in the church and in the community.
- Provide pastoral care and training for volunteers in the children’s ministry.
- Design a ministry plan/budget to accomplish goals and objectives for the children’s ministry.
- Attend elder and staff meetings as required.
- Work with the Youth and Family Pastor to engage parents in the training and discipleship of their children.
- Organize and oversee various children’s ministry events (VBS, Parent Night Out, etc.).
- Serve on the teaching team at CCC at the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Anything else that pertains to children’s ministry and pastoring at Christ Community Church.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and the Youth and Family Pastor.
How To Apply
Please put “Children’s Ministry” and your name in the subject line and email your resume.