The Assistant Pastor of Youth & Music will be responsible to shepherd
the flock of God at our church, encouraging the congregation to worship God,
intentionally share Jesus’ story with others, and disciple them to think Biblically
1. Youth Ministry (roughly 70% of working hours):
• Love the students of our church, live the Christian life out before and with them, proclaim to them the Gospel, teach them the truth of God’s Word, pray with and for them, invest in cultivating the spiritual maturity of those with evident potential for leadership and service, and encourage and support parents in the Christian nurture of their children.
• Plan our ministry programs for all student levels during the course of the
• Recruit and work with the leaders of our various Children’s Ministries
(i.e., from our nursery volunteers up to and including high school youth
• Recruit and cultivate appropriate parental participation in and support
of the student ministry.
• Work with the pastoral staff in the planning and execution of the Sunday
• Select songs that are Christ-centered, God-exalting and theologically
• Lead the praise team on Sunday mornings.
• Lead the congregation in song during Sunday worship.
• Lead a mid-week practice for the praise team (when needed).
• Foster, encourage and recruit musical abilities within the church.
• Be a committed believer in the Lord Jesus Christ who seeks to glorify
God and enjoy him in all areas of life.
• Hold a theological commitment to the Reformed faith, which is expressed in the Westminster Confession of Faith, as well as the Westminster Shorter and Larger Catechisms.
•Have a humble heart and a willingness to work with the pastoral staff.
• A master’s degree from a reputable seminary
• Ordained (or able to be ordained) as a minister in the PCA
• An ability to sing, lead others in song, and play a musical instrument