Overview of Position
The Assistant Pastor is a full-time staff member and a vital partner in ministry with the senior pastor, elders, and other staff members of Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church. He is primarily responsible for sharing pastoral ministry with the senior pastor and session, and with
overseeing ministry to students (6th through 12th grade). We are also open to hiring at the director level with a candidate who is in process towards a seminary degree and ordination in the PCA.
General Pastoral Ministry
Partner with the elders and other staff members in overall pastoral responsibilities with opportunities for worship leading, preaching, administration of the sacraments, teaching, small group leadership, pastoral care, and counseling.
Lead a youth ministry team that will develop and implement a ministry plan for students (including Sunday school class, regular group meeting, community building activities, one-to-one relationships, and service opportunities). Build shepherding relationships with students and their families. Build gathering relationships with students and families external to church
Join pastor and session in planning and implementing overall vision for the ministry and mission of WCPC.
• Ordained or “ordain-able” in the PCA. This should include a completed M.Div or willingness to pursue a seminary degree.
• Love for Jesus and his church.
• Desire and ability to develop new ministries.
• A commitment to relational ministry.
• Gifts and personality that complement other members of the leadership team.
• Experience in student ministry.
• Bonus points for musical abilities to help with worship leadership!
Please submit cover letter, resume, and MDF via email.