• Love for the Gospel and love for Junior High and High School students and their families.
• M.Div. or in process of finishing an M.Div. and ordained / ordainable in the PCA.
• Preferred: Experience serving and leading in youth ministry.
• Preferred: Experience/training with RUF/RYM as a student or intern.
• Ability to disciple students, families, and volunteers in large group, small group, and one–on–one environments.
• Ability to work flexible hours to meet with youth, families and engage in their lives.
• Ability to plan and implement youth related events (camps, retreats, etc.).
• Ability to recruit and train youth leaders.
Description and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and direction for Youth Ministry through development of one–to–one, small group and large group ministry.
• Provide leadership and direction for Children’s, Youth and Adult educational ministries to ensure cohesive discipleship on Sunday mornings of all ages.
• In consultation with session, determine, provide and oversee the teaching of appropriate theological content to reach and equip Jr/Sr High students and their families.
• Develop, train and oversee lay volunteers.
• Seek to know parents of youth, keeping them informed of ministry efforts with their students.
• Pursue relationships with Jr/Sr High boys (one–to–one and small groups) to encourage, teach and seek their growth in grace, and foster such relationships between Jr/Sr High
girls and their youth leaders.
• Plan and lead, along with other NTP youth pastors, the North Texas Presbytery Fall and Spring Retreats.
• Attend annual training and engage with resources through Reformed Youth Ministries (RYM.org).
• Responsible for all Jr/Sr High aspects of Christian Education in coordination with Pastor.
• Seek to encourage mission engagement, planning and leading occasional mission efforts either locally, nationally, or internationally.
• Various other administrative and communication tasks needed to carry out effective ministry to youth and other members. Example tasks may include budgeting, assisting
with office administrative work, preparation of communication to congregation, updating of website, membership contact updates.
• Assist deacons with upkeep of physical plant by meeting contractors and repairmen as needed and being aware of ongoing needs and alerting deacons.
• Occasional responsibility to prepare/lead liturgy, preach and (if ordained) administer sacraments.
• Other pastoral duties as requested by the session.
• This is a full time, ordained or ordainable pastoral staff position with salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Contact: Rev. Jeff Morrow or
Rev. Jake Yohannan ([email protected])