General Supervisor: Director of Family Life & Discipleship
Position Purpose: The Associate Director of Children’s Ministry will be responsible for organizing and coordinating ongoing ministries that maximize birth – 5th grade children’s spiritual growth as disciples, both in and outside the walls of the church, while building relationships with students and parents.
1. Oversees the health of the rejuvenated Children’s Ministry program and works with the Family Ministry Team to continue the development of short-term and long-range spiritual and educational goals.
2. Responsible for children’s programming on Sundays, which includes Sunday School, Children’s Message and Children’s Church.
3. Responsible for mid-week children’s programming and special events throughout the year.
4. Help recruit, train and supervise teachers and helpers with the guidance of the Director of Family Life & Discipleship. Provide/organize curriculum in a timely manner for all teachers.
5. Direct the successful annual Vacation Bible School (VBS), including recruitment of volunteers, scheduling facilities, ordering curriculum and supplies, and overseeing registration.
6. Communicate programs and announcement to families.
7. Meet regularly with the Director of Family Life & Discipleship and attend staff meetings.
8. Help coordinate activities with other ministries of the congregation in cooperation with the staff.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Hours: This is a Part-Time position
Salary: $12,00.000 – $15,000.00/year
1. Personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a love for God’s children of all ages and a strong desire to build relationships and share your faith.
2. 1 year experience (preferred)
3. Education, Christian Education Degree (preferred)
4. Demonstrate sound written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, organizational and project management
5. Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, Social Media
6. Satisfactory completion of background checks.
7. Must adhere to GraceWay Presbyterian Church Child Protection Policy Guidelines
1. Flexible schedule
2. 2 weeks paid vacation
3. Cell phone expense reimbursement