The Associate Minister to Kids and Families in coordination with the Minister to Kids and Families is responsible for the ministries of the church for kids from before birth through Grade 6 and their families. This is a full time salaried position and is a part of the church ministerial staff. The Associate Minister to Kids and Families is supervised by the Minister to Kids and Families. This position is a member of the Family Ministries Team and Faith Development Team.
1. Coordinate recruitment of ministry volunteers for First Kids Ministry Leaders in birth through Grade 6. This will include training and appreciation of volunteers. Assist as needed in the classroom.
2. Responsible for the scheduling of ministry events.
3. Enlist, coordinate, and schedule substitutes for volunteers.
4. Manage storage and any necessary purchasing of ministry resources as needed.
5. Coordinate with the Minister to Kids and Families, plans, promotes, and implements the program ministries of the church for kids from before birth through Grade 6. This includes the ongoing ministries of Sunday morning Bible Study, First Kids Music & Missions, as well as special events and seasonal ministries for kids and their families.
6. Evaluate and purchase First Kids discipleship materials including Sunday morning Bible Study curricula. Print and distribute materials to ministry teachers and leaders.
7. Responsible for Worship Care in conjunction with the Family Ministries Ministry Assistant which will include enlistment, training, and appreciation of volunteers.
8. Communicate First Kids programming information through all church communication methods.
9. Coordinate the use of facilities assigned to First Kids Ministry including room assignments for all ministry events and communication of room set-ups.
10. Coordinate with the Minister to Kids and Families for VBS including curriculum selection, teacher enlistment, training, appreciation and budgeting.
11. Serve on the First Kids Ministry Team as well as other committees and ministry teams as assigned.
12. Responsible for special event ministries for First Kids.
13. Assist in pastoral ministries of the staff as needed and requested.
14. Lead in worship when appropriate.
15. Lead Children’s Time in coordination with the Minister to Kids and Families.
16. Adherence to the Child Protection Policies of the church is paramount and is a goal of the entire ministerial staff.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Check out our website (www.fbchsv.org), listen to a sermon or two, do some Facebook “research”- www.facebook.com/FirstBaptistHuntsvilleKids, www.facebook.com/fbchsv/ and if you think this might be a great fit – here’s what you can do next: send your resume to email@example.com