Candidates for this position must have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and must demonstrate the reality of the relationship through their life and testimony.
Fulltime position to develop and maintain strategies that will allow Cross Roads Church to better engage the community and to minister to Preschool, Grade School, Middle School, and High School students in a way that glorifies God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
• Community Outreach
• Establish annual goals, objectives and plans to implement the children & teen ministry strategies.
• Develop a Youth Culture that is conducive to developing active disciples of Christ.
• Plan and oversee all children and teen activities and programs with a focus on Sunday & Mid–week youth services. This will also apply to youth retreats, mission trips, special events, and overall responsibility for all children and teen related classes.
• Establish a friendly rapport with and among the children and teens through a variety of fun and purposeful activities.
• Develop and promote biblically–based education through Small Groups (Sunday School and other opportunities).
• Recruit, train, and provide overall direction for volunteer preschool, children, and teen staffing.
o Coordination of Nursery Volunteers
o Coordination of Children’s Church Volunteers
o Working with VBS Director(s)
o Teen Programs
o Sunday School & other Bible Study Opportunities for Preschool, Children, and Teens
• Encourage teens to be involved in ministry and provide teens with frequent opportunities to do so.
• Provide spiritual guidance and counseling to children and youth when called upon. Give ongoing opportunities to hear the gospel message, opportunities for discipleship and assist them to become spiritually mature Christians.
• Maintain open communication with church staff, parents, and other members of the congregation, as well as with children and teens.
• Attend Staff Meetings as requested by Pastor.
• Preaching to Congregation (Coordinated with Pastor)
• Ongoing Training through Education, Seminars, and Conferences will be paid for by Church (Total $ per year to be Determined)
• Salary Range – $40 – 45K (Depending on qualifications and experience)
• Must be a born again, baptized believer.
• Must be willing to join Cross Roads FWB Church upon hiring for this position.
• Must be a good Christian role model. References will be requested.
• Must pass a mandatory background investigation.
• Shall perform the duties of this position while submitting to the leadership of the church pastor.