The Associate Pastor will serve primarily to lead the discipleship ministries of FirstSF, with an intentional focus on Student Ministry and Young Professionals. This position is important to the pastoral staff of FirstSF as the Associate Pastor will work closely with the Senior Pastor to lead out in the vision of the church and will be the primary preacher in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
- Oversee existing discipleship ministries and develop a plan to expand the church’s discipleship process.
- Equip and encourage Community Group leaders and find ways to promote Community Group involvement.
- Equip and encourage Bible study teachers and develop a strategy for raising up new teachers and offering new studies.
- Develop a plan to improve accountability and mentoring relationships within the church.
- Oversee Student Ministry and Young Professionals.
- Develop a strategy for partnering with parents in discipling middle school and high school students.
- Recruit and equip Student Ministry volunteers.
- Plan and organize Student Ministry events (camps, retreats, service projects, etc.)
- Oversee and equip lay leaders of Young Professionals ministry.
- Preach in absence of Senior Pastor.
- Oversee Greeters and Security.
- Character and Competencies
- A servant-hearted, hard worker who is ready to serve alongside other staff members.
- A capable leader who can oversee, equip, and communicate with leaders of various ministries.
- A friendly and engaging personality who enjoys initiating communication with others.
- A passion to disciple the next generation.
- Ready to love the people of San Francisco.
- Education and Experience
- Experience in youth and discipleship ministries.
- M.Div. or similar degree strongly preferred.
- Experience in urban settings preferred.
- Ordination preferred.