The Associate Pastor is responsible for all operations and facets for youth programming and ministerial outreach and development for sixth through twelfth grades. The Associate Pastor will lead a team of volunteers responsible for the following core youth ministry programs that include, but are not limited to:
- Wednesday night Bible study (i.e., youth praise band, lesson)
- Youth Sunday School class
- Sunday night programming
- Service opportunities
- Summer programming
- Seasonal programs (i.e., golf tournament, retreats, etc.)
PRIMARY Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteers for youth ministry Bible studies, events, and worship services.
- Provide a warm, friendly, and learning environment for youth and their families at all core youth ministry programming.
- Use appropriate youth development knowledge to best meet youth’s needs in curriculum selection, class grouping, etc.
- Network with counterparts in Southern Baptist Convention-affiliated churches to allow students to meet, grow and worship with other youth-aged Christians.
- Communicate the needs of the youth program to other staff and church leaders as appropriate. Organize and set-up the classrooms with necessary supplies.
- Coordinate sanitation and safety (i.e., background checks) protocols for all youth ministry programs.
- Work with Buildings and Grounds for repairs or needs for the youth house that need attention.
- Partner with the senior pastor to coordinate and provide leadership in developing and implementing a youth outreach ministry focused on youth activities.
- Partner with the senior pastor and worship director to lead regular youth services.
- Visit local middle and high school campuses as the policy allows for personal contact with students and students’ friends.
- Assist the senior pastor in visiting youth families involved in youth ministry as requested; to consult with parents regarding an issue with their child, and to refer to a certified counselor as appropriate.
- Lead monthly youth ministry team leader meetings, attend weekly staff meetings, and attend regional training as relevant to youth ministry. Monthly youth team leaders’ meetings shall include all team leaders associated with core youth ministry programs. Quarterly meetings will be held with all youth volunteers.
- Participate in the annual budget estimating process.
- Participate in the Congregation’s life and worship as an active and engaged member of Pine Valley Baptist Church.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the request of the pastors.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preaching/teaching as the need arises and requested by Senior Pastor
- Administrative oversight in the area of processes, documents (constitution, bylaws, manuals, policies, etc.), and strategy implementation.
- College ministry oversight in the development of strategy and recruitment/training of volunteers. This will naturally require performance in the areas of budgeting and planning.
- Supervision – Senior Pastor
- Program Support – Youth Ministry Team, ministry staff
- Annual Performance Review – Senior Pastor
- Personal, active, and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Energetic, warm, and able to share the love of Jesus to youth and their families.
- Comfortable with visiting church families involved in the youth ministry.
- Physically capable of sustained activity.
- Knowledge and experience in Biblical interpretation, youth, and faith development.
- Knowledge of religious, educational theory, and practice.
- Maintain confidentiality and accountability with church resources.
- Participate in a minimum of one training event per year.
- Understand and affirm the Baptist Faith and Message statement of faith (2000 Edition) and the mission of Pine Valley Baptist Church.
- Full-time (Flex time allowed, consistent with assigned duties).
- It is understood and accepted that the position of Associate Pastor will require a minimum of 40 hours per week. Because of the unique qualities of this ministry, it should be noted that some of these hours would, of necessity, be worked in the evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. The Associate Pastor will generally be in the office except in performance of assigned duties. A specific work schedule will be coordinated with the senior pastor.