Oakdale Church of Olney, Maryland is seeking an Associate Pastor to join our executive team who is a proven leader with experience and fruitfulness in a disciple-making ministry. This person should be well-grounded theologically, able to preach effectively, cast vision, and recruit and deploy people into ministry. In addition, they will have responsibility for growing and developing our disciple-making culture within the church through preaching, overall leadership within the church, and our small group ministry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving as the primary liaison between the Senior Pastor, Executive Team, Worship/Tech Ministries, and the adult congregation
- Serving as the pastor for the adult congregation giving oversight to the teams responsible for spiritual growth and shepherding
- Being the secondary teaching pastor after the Senior Pastor
- Being a significant part of the preaching rotation led by Senior Pastor
- Overseeing and supervising the existing Discipleship staff, including youth, adult small groups and children.
- Supporting and develop leadership to ministry among men
- Providing Pastoral Care to the congregation as a member of the pastoral team.
What you need to have:
- A transforming personal relationship with and a mature commitment to Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and develop staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic/systems thinker; adept in decision making and executing strategy with an eye to organizational vision
- Excellent project management skills
- Energetic, proactive, goal-oriented, patient, kind, encouraging, and positive
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to unexpected circumstances
- Teachable, humble, and knows how and when to show empathy
Olney is a sought-after area in which to live, convenient to Washington, DC, and other major regions. The town has a great community feel and vibe. This safe community has great schools and plenty of shopping. Olney is a bit of a bubble in the greater Montgomery County demographics with average incomes and higher education levels than the rest of the county and state.
Apply here: https://chemistry.fyi/rq5