Northwest Baptist Church is seeking to hire a full-time Associate Pastor to oversee all aspects of the college ministry and worship ministry under the direction of the Lead Pastor. The ideal candidate would meet the biblical qualifications of a pastor, have a passion for reaching and discipling college students, and possess the necessary musical abilities to lead worship. We’re looking for someone who is willing to take a long view and come alongside to help be a part of the revitalization process.
Collegiate Ministry Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee a ministry designed to reach students at Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
- During the semester, plan and lead a worship gathering for college students and work with the local Baptist Collegiate Ministry.
- Oversee discipleship and small groups within the college ministry.
- Work with the Budget Committee to prepare the annual college ministry budget and manage the approved budget.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and the Associate Pastor of Youth and Families to identify, train, and send out potential missionaries, church planters, and gospel ministers from the college ministry.
- Recruit, disciple, and train volunteers to serve in the college ministry
- Work with youth pastors from surrounding cities (Jacksonville, Orlando, etc.) to develop a “watch” ministry for students who will attend college in Gainesville.
Worship Ministry Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a biblically based (blended) style music ministry including the praise band, and vocalist in order to help fulfill the mission and strategy of the church. This worship ministry will be Christ-centered and provide a meaningful worship experience reaching multiple generations.
- Oversee the enlistment, training, and spiritual and skill development of all volunteers and personnel in the music ministry.
- Work with the Lead Pastor in planning worship services.
- Work with the Associate Pastor of Youth and Families in planning music for children and youth as needed.
- Serve as a member of the Church Council.
- Work with the Budget Committee to prepare the annual worship budget and manage the approved budget.
- Enlist, train, and oversee volunteers for technical areas, including lighting, sound, live streaming, and media ministry.
- Oversee the maintenance and security of all musical equipment.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in day-to-day operations as needed
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Character that is above reproach (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1)
- Ability to teach and preach.
- A calling to live and minister in a collegiate atmosphere.
- Experience leading worship.
- Experience with leading and building worship teams.
- Must be a good team player and a growing believer
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Seminary trained.
- Ordained in a Southern Baptist Convention church and affirms the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Proven track record of being dedicated to local church ministry.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Desired Skills (but not required):
- A background in audio engineering.
- Experience with small groups/discipleship.
- Experience with technology (website, audio, video etc.).
- Experience in college ministry.
Salary and benefits package between $50,000-$60,000, based on experience. Benefits include expense account, phone reimbursement, insurance reimbursement, and two weeks paid vacation.
About Northwest Baptist Church:
Northwest Baptist Church is a member of the North Central Florida Baptist Association, Florida Baptist Convention, and Southern Baptist Convention. For information about the church, please visit https://www.mynwchurch.com/.