Meet Centreville Presbyterian Church:
Centreville Presbyterian Church (CPC) is a Gospel-centered, Biblically grounded, and outwardly focused church family absolutely committed to seeing God change the lives of everyday people in the city God has called us to, Washington DC. Their commitment is to “be the church that our city can’t live without.”
It all began in 1988 when 50 people showed up to their first worship service at a local country club. By God’s grace, growth came quickly to CPC ultimately leading to a permanent facility and 30 years of growth under the leadership of Senior Pastor, Rob Bromhead. Centreville Presbyterian Church has seen several growth cycles in its history, always pointing them back to God’s provision and faithfulness.
In 2010, a new season of growth brought CPC to contemporary services and a focus on discipleship through small groups. This time also marked the beginning of a discernment process ultimately leading to a change in denominational affiliation. In 2019, CPC separated from the PCUSA and affiliated itself with the ECO Presbyterian denomination. The stories of God’s faithfulness, financially and otherwise, during this time will be told for years to come. We saw this again more recently through the planned one-year Lead Pastor succession plan from Pastor Rob Bromhead to Aaron McMillan that was finalized in March of 2021.
Today, we are a growing congregation that strives to honor God with our whole lives. Our goal every week is to help the church develop ignited, active, and growing disciples of Jesus Christ. We do this through Biblical teaching and personal connection. On Sundays, a live band of very talented musicians lead us in worship, our pastors open the Bible and connect it to everyday life. Together it is our desire that every God sends us feels welcomed here and gets connected to our purpose…To Know Jesus and Make Him Known.
CPC’s Associate Pastor (AP) serves with the Senior Pastor (SP), as a partner in shepherding the people of our church family and community. He or she will join CPC’s Staff in executing our vision to be a place where more and more people know Jesus, are growing in Christ-likeness and taking up the mission of Jesus in their lives.
The Associate Pastor must have a heart for Christ and a passion to develop opportunities where adults can grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and genuine excitement for the unique opportunities the online world provides.
The Associate Pastor of Discipleship Will Achieve the Following:
- Meet at least weekly with the Senior Pastor to collaborate pastoral and program activities.
- To support, supervise and coordinate efforts of Children’s and Student Ministry in Discipleship efforts of CPC. Develop and implement an overall Discipleship model.
- Actively participate in and contribute to staff and Session meetings.
- Provide pulpit supply 25% of given Sundays.
- Hospital and emergency visitation of members as coordinated by Senior Pastor.
- Along with the Senior Pastor, actively support and engage the vision and mission of CPC.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor. Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other church policies, procedures, and rules. Perform all duties in a manner that promotes mission and core values of CPC.
- Lead CPC in becoming a place where everyday people are fully formed into the image of Christ. Begin this process by working with the Senior Pastor in developing a discipleship model that integrates all of church life.
- Lead Adult Discipleship (AD) Team in developing a comprehensive plan to disciple adults from spiritual infancy to maturity. This will include recruiting and developing team members as discipleship leaders through one-on-one mentorship, conferences, and online training opportunities and delegating specific discipleship duties to team members as they are ready.
- Enhance LifeGroup program by executing, developing, and communicating churchwide a comprehensive annual plan for the Lifegroup Ministry. Recruit and develop diverse discipleship leaders through ongoing Lifegroup leader training. Create a culture in Lifegroups that encourages participants to reach out to others in the community, and personally participate in Lifegroups.
- Lead in the development of a church-wide leadership development program that grows current leaders and identifies new leaders for God’s Church.
- Update and oversee the new member/assimilation process ensuring that people have regular opportunities to become more connected, committed, and to contribute to God’s church.
- Seek to incorporate into all of the above a passion for and growing expertise in how to minister to people in the digital/online spheres of life.
- Supervision of Assistant Pastor and their leadership of CPC’s Care ministries, primarily Diaconate and Stephen’s ministry. Connect monthly with the Assistant Pastor for support, guidance, and collaboration in ministry.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Seminary degree is required.
- Ordination as an ECO Pastor or be willing and qualified to be ordained (a Reformed MDiv will be needed for this).
- 3+ years of ministry experience is required preferable with Adult Discipleship experience.
- Demonstrate success in managing digital media communications and be well-versed in online and social media communications.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity and character consistent with Biblical requirements for church leadership.
- Healthy and growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Ability to inspire and relate to adult followers of Jesus.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Dynamic and mature leader.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Teamwork orientation with the ability to recruit, train, lead, and motivate others.
- Love of the Lord Jesus and ability to show it daily.