Principal Function and Purpose:
To oversee the mission of disciple-making and equip members and ministries to carry-out this principal duty
• Must demonstrate a working knowledge and competency of evangelism, discipleship, and missions
• Must be biblically sound and exhibit personal conduct that reflects positively on the integrity of the church
• Should have a desire to build and expand the body of Christ by caring for those with whom he comes in contact
1. Maintain a vital daily walk with God
2. Be active in the life of Friendly Avenue Baptist Church
3. Promote the core values of Friendly Avenue and be an active participant in FABC’s discipleship pathway
4. Be a growing person in their personal and professional life
5. Maintain a positive servant attitude and keep the working atmosphere positive and productive
6. Be a team player
– Develop methods, strategies, and ministries to create a churchwide culture of evangelism
– Train church leaders to implement evangelism in the systems, structure, and culture of the church
– Equip and train church members, primarily through our small group ministries (Sunday School/Life Groups, Grow Groups) in personal evangelism and witnessing
– Organize or liaison evangelism opportunities and events through the ministries of the church
– Oversee all aspects of GROW – Friendly Avenue’s Discipleship Small Group Ministry
o Facilitate launch of new GROW Groups
o Assess health of current Grow Groups
o Train and equip Grow Group Leaders
– Organize and provide opportunities for members of FABC to participate in Mission Trips in coordination with the Piedmont Baptist Association, NC Baptist State Convention, North American Mission Board, and International Mission Board
– Offer vision and strategy for cross cultural and house church planting opportunities
– Liaison to FABC Missions Committee and international congregations within FABC
– Develop missions outreach in Pocket 22 (local missions)
4. Missional Staff Leadership
– Oversee and manage disciple-making personnel (staff) and volunteers
– Facilitate staff accountability and planning for student, children, outreach, and missions staff members
– Participate in the work and development of family ministries
– Offer vision and strategy for cross cultural and house church planting opportunities including participation in a theological training center for pastors and church planters
– Preach in worship services as assigned by Senior Pastor
– Provide leadership in scheduling and coordinating church events related to disciple-making and missions
Spiritual Giftedness for Position:
This person should exhibit the spiritual gifts to effectively lead in evangelism, discipleship, missions, and staff leadership.
Education and Experience:
Additionally, the successful candidate MUST possess at a bare minimum the following qualifications:
– A 4-year degree from an accredited university in the United States and/or a Baptist seminary degree
– A minimum of three (3) years’ experience at a church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention;
– Appropriate training and skill set and a willingness and capability to perform other pastoral duties as needed as an integral part of a larger pastoral staff.
1. The Associate Pastor of Evangelism and Discipleship shall be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
2. The Associate Pastor of Evangelism and Discipleship will agree to serve as a staff representative to ministry teams and committees as assigned.
3. The Associate Pastor of Evangelism and Discipleship shall participate with the other pastoral staff in outreach to our community and care for our members.