Bethany Baptist Church is seeking an Associate Pastor of Families who will be responsible for overseeing the planning, coordinating, and implementation of children and youth ministry (Pre K – 12th grades) and help to build and grow our youth and children’s programs. This is an opportunity to start from scratch and implement new, biblically sound strategies that will reach children and students in today’s culture. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has a deep desire to see children and youth come to know Jesus Christ and grow in that relationship. The goal is build a children and youth ministry that will reaching not only students, but also families for Christ and partner with parents in the discipleship process. This includes outreach to youth and children in the community in order build relationships and reach families. Relational skills, administrative capabilities, creativity and flexibility are desired traits for any candidate. Salary package is $40,000-$50,000 depending on experience and education.
- Meet the qualifications of a Pastor as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Adheres to the Baptist Faith and Message (June 14, 2000 revision).
- Must have a love for Children and Families.
- If not ordained, then work toward that station with the approval and guidance of the Senior Pastor. Cannot have a condition that is disqualifying from being licensed within the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams.
- Able to maintain discretion about Church business and privileged information.
- Keeps a good balance in ministry to both church members and the lost, being able to choose the excellent above the good, since you can only be in one place at a time.
- Realize that you are working for and serving the Lord, under the authority of His local Church.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and teachable.
- Is able to pass a background check.