The Pastor of Family Ministries will help facilitate Gateway’s mission of “investing
ourselves in younger generations to grow resilient followers of Jesus and thriving families”
by providing vision, energy, oversight, and direction to the Family Ministries of Gateway
Church. This individual would oversee our ministries to families, children, and youth.
Accountability– The Family Ministries Pastor is part of Gateway’s Staff and accountable to
the Senior Pastor and Session.
– A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Persistently seeking to develop a personal heart for God and a teachable spirit.
o Maintaining a lifestyle which is consistent with scripture and the essential tenets of ECO
o A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside of the church.
– Has had a definite call to ministry– specifically Family Ministry
– A person of prayer.
o Committed to daily prayer – willingness to develop a deepening prayer discipline. ( e.g. – daily office – prayer of examen – Lectio Divina).
– Strong relationship skills with children, youth, and adults.
– A healthy balance of work and rest in life
– The ability to work closely with other Ministry Staff and Ministry Leaders
– A dependable self–starter willing to take the initiative and use creativity in ministry to the church and outreach to the community.
– Must agree with and be willing to align with Gateway’s Mission, Values, Measures, and Strategy.
– The ability to plan and develop strategies to manage a thriving family ministry
o Skills to bring people together
o Skills to create a collaborative atmosphere
o Skills to facilitate and inspire volunteers
– The ability to oversee budgeting and forecasting
– Family and young adult (undeveloped ministry)
o Empower and lead a team of volunteers to facilitate and guide the vision of family ministry.
o Disciple and mentor families
– Children’s Ministry (4 months – 5th grade) (Established ministry)
o Empower a team of volunteer leaders to guide our Children’s program, ministering to children and families.
§ This may include, but is not limited to, overseeing the following:
• Volunteers recruiting and training teachers.
• Sunday School, VBS, family visitations, and outreach
• Curriculum evaluation and implementation
• Scheduling significant events throughout the year
• Assessing ministry programs and activities, making revisions as needed, to further the mission of Gateway.
o Monthly meetings with Children’s Ministry team and Elders.
– Youth Ministry (Grades 6–12) (Established ministry)
o Empower a team of volunteer leaders to guide our youth program,
ministering to youth and families.
§ May include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Giving priority to mentoring, discipling, and cultivating
relationships with all youth who attend Gateway and/or
• Developing and leading weekly Youth Group meetings and
other discipleship opportunities for youth.
• Planning and implementing retreats, mission trips, special
events, and local mission opportunities.
• Assessing ministry programs and activities, making
revisions as needed, to further the mission of Gateway.
– Other Pastoral duties
o Monthly meeting with ministry teams
o Monthly Session meeting
o Weekly Staff meeting
o Opportunities to preach
o Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor
1. 3–5 years of children, youth, and or family ministries experience, preferred
2. Master of Divinity or Master of Theology preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
3. Ordained or on track to be ordained as a minister, preferred
4. Gateway is open to considering non–ordained candidates who will go through ECO’s ordination process.
Compensation for Full–time exempt position:
1. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in applying for the Pastor of Family Ministries position, please
send your ministry portfolio by email. Subject: “Personnel: Pastor of
1. Cover Letter and Resume
2. Three References, including the following information:
Relationship to you, First and Last Name, E–mail address, Cellphone #
o Pastor Reference
o Friend Reference
o Employer Reference
3. Background/Ministry Questions: In 80 words or less, please give us a quick
snapshot of who you are, including answers to the following questions:
– How would you best summarize your relationship with God?
– What evidence of the Holy Spirit’s work through your personal ministry have you witnessed in the lives of others?
– How would you describe a successful family pastor?
– What do you see as the role of the parent, the minister, and the church body in the lives of children, youth, and families?