The Associate Pastor is an ordained minister and responsible to assist the Senior Pastor with ministerial and support needs as they arise. The Associate, like the Pastor, is not responsible for doing all the work of ministry in the church, but for seeing it is done and done properly. The Associate Pastor will focus on the spiritual growth of people in the church and our church-wide efforts to reach more people through evangelism with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Organize and lead the creation and implementation of a Spanish language service to be offered at 11am on Sundays. Meet regularly, either in-person or virtually, for staff meetings and team sermon planning.
- Organize and oversee volunteer recruitment with a Sunday school class or classes to offer in Spanish.
- Provide oversight and help to our International Learning Center on Sunday evenings with the help of our ministry leader and volunteers.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in implementing an overall evangelism strategy as a church that will include evangelism training, visitation, and special events especially as it relates to Hispanic ministries.
- Possibly help to lead mission trips and translate as needed.
- Preach and baptize in Sunday services as needed.
- Assist in pastoral care by praying with church members and guests who express difficulties in their life and visiting grieving church members.
- Conduct weddings and funerals for church members if needed.
- Represent the Senior Pastor at committee and ministry team meetings as requested.
- Cooperate with all staff to promote the entire ministry plan of the church.
- Maintain a continued growth of personal calling and walk with the Lord through Bible study and prayer.
- Maintain personal priorities with home and family as the spiritual leader.
- Develop and exercise personal evangelism within and outside the church.
- Give graciously to the church through tithes and offerings.
- Support the vision of the church and work to assist the Senior Pastor in implementing the vision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.